Which of These Components Should Not Be Close Together?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I could never understand low level programing languages.
What programming levels do you refer to when you say low level?

Arduino for example works with C and C++.
(it is possible of course to write with a lower level programming language, like Assembly, but that would be much harder and take longer time)

Also today there are microcontrollers that support other programming languages, like JavaScript, Python, and what not..
There used to be a microcontroller (called "PIC") that supported BASIC (called PICBASIC).
Unfortunately it is not manufactured anymore..

In the end, it's not the microcontroller which supports it, it's the compiler..

A company called Mikroelektronika created compilers for various programming languages, for several different microcontrollers..
See for example:
Compilers for AVR - MikroElektronika

As can be seen, their prices are not exactly hobbyists prices..

If I need to make some logic, I prefer standard CD and 74HC devices.
Wow..
Logic gates are a lower level than Assembly even.
It's good for really simple stuff, but beyond that, you'll end up with many chips..

Yeah, chips are bigger but more understandable for me. When in university, we had to deal with 286 assy and after with Pascal. For those era I still had the C64, where I test my programs. In the UTN laboratory there was 5 or 6 Latindata machines perhaps XT. But, I never could understand very well all those thrash.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.