Considering Volumio -need help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
SD is a PNY 16GB UltraHD

PS is the high power one that comes with the Pi touchscreen to power both the pi and the screen.

It appears related to the touchscreen. After re-imaging and setup again, I went to install the plugin for the touchscreen and it said it could not be enabled. I hit Restart and when it booted back up it was corrupt again.

Third time was a charm now it is working but I am afraid if the power goes out or someone doesn't power it down properly I'll be in the same boat.

Just to chime in, I have had the Volumio on a rpi3/ID Audio dac for a few years and have had one instance of the player crashing. Out of the blue, it made a very loud, extended buzz and I pulled the plug. It was then unresponsive so I reflashed it and that brought it back. Otherwise, it is a nice interface (esp for free!) and sounds pretty good. My only real wish would be for the volume to be accessible from the phone's volume buttons without having to unlock the phone first. Might just be my lack of knowledge to make that happen. Thanks for the tip about shutdown. I will use that method as I move forward.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.