IanCanada's Latest RPi GB Goodies Impressions... and your tweaks, mods and hints...

But I am able to play 384kHz PCM now in true sync via Roon. Problem is with DoP limitaion in Roon.

RPi supports native DSD only through USB streamer. If you want to eliminate the DSD128 limitation, you have to use a USB. Both Roon and Volumio are.

If you prefer GPIO of RPi, only DSD through DoP will be available.

Regards,
Ian

BTW. Did anybody actually try OSF Bypass???

I am still on true sync mode.
Just tried the OSF bypass. OLED indicates correctly both PCM and DSD stream.
There is no sound from PCM (silence at any volume including 0). DSD plays but with big amount of "white-like" noise at DSD64 and much less at DSD128. But both can be good enough sonically if to reduce the volume to ~-6dB at DSD64 and ~-2dB at DSD128 (volume regulation works).

Hmmh. I don't use Roon. HQplayer has a good rep.

However.

I'd say the vast majority is using sox/libsoxr on piCorePlayer, Moode, Volumio
- the stuff that most people areound here use. sox/libsoxr delivers absolute
top notch results.

BUT.

Highest quality resampling on the PI is not what I'd recommmend. I've done and shown the benchmarks.
The PI is simply to slow. (I havn't tried it and didn't run the benchmarking on PI4 and aarch64 (yet) )

As a test you could simply try offline resampling a test-file first. And that one you can play back.
This way you'd avoid any huge investments or configuration changes.

Yes, there is an option in Ian's controller.
But. RoonCore is not on the RPI. In my case it runs on IntelUp board (ubuntu 19.04). Rpi - is just a bridged output device for Roon (Roon Bridge).
I have tried many different players like: Volumio\Moode\RuneAudio\Max2Play(with LMS), but Roon is my favourite - it has much friendly interface with much more interactive searching engine.
I will try to convert upsampled by x8 files in foobar2000+sox and then will play it in Roon.
But I am not sure about (Roon+HQPlayer on IntelUp) capable to send the stream to rpi (briefly noted that Roon and HQP uses different protocols for sending audio futher to network). Seems it has many other gaps in return of upsampling features...