Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

IanCanada's Latest RPi GB Goodies Impressions... and your tweaks, mods and hints...
IanCanada's Latest RPi GB Goodies Impressions... and your tweaks, mods and hints...
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th July 2019, 08:13 AM   #681
nielsek is offline nielsek
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iancanada View Post
Balanced uses U1 and U2 only. But SE needs all U1,U2 and U3. That's the standard OP amplifier I/V stage configuration.

Regards,
Ian
Thanks Ian, for clearing this up and great thanks for the OPA1612 adapter boards. I soldered them using hot air gun on the backside of adapter and with minimum solder paste.
When using SE output, should all the opamps be the same? Currently I have 2x1612 and 1622 on U3. I just don't have more 1612 at hand to do more test.
Old 20th July 2019, 11:00 AM   #682
bigpandahk is offline bigpandahk  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

U1&U2 must be the same, U3 can be different.
Old 20th July 2019, 02:20 PM   #683
Morde is online now Morde  Finland
diyAudio Member

I just received and installed Ian’s ShieldPi board into my build. I have quite basic un-modded setup with battery supply, FiFoPi, dual ess9038 DAC and opamp output board with OPA1611s installed.

At first I didn’t notice any sonic improvements, but after couple of hours I realized that it was easier for me to tell apart high res files from red book material. So it was a kind of indirect phenomena and I can’t put my finger on what has changed, but anyway in a good direction.
Old 20th July 2019, 02:28 PM   #684
minivan is offline minivan  Australia
diyAudio Member

Can just use + outputs and grounds of u1and u2 for single end output?
been doing that seem no problem
Old 20th July 2019, 02:48 PM   #685
iancanada is offline iancanada  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morde View Post
I just received and installed Ianís ShieldPi board into my build. I have quite basic un-modded setup with battery supply, FiFoPi, dual ess9038 DAC and opamp output board with OPA1611s installed.

At first I didnít notice any sonic improvements, but after couple of hours I realized that it was easier for me to tell apart high res files from red book material. So it was a kind of indirect phenomena and I canít put my finger on what has changed, but anyway in a good direction.
Hi Morde,

That's a great news. Thank you so much for your update.

I was getting RF noice when I installed OPA1622 on the I/V STD board if I use Pi3 (with wifi). Other OPAs don't have this problem. Seems that OPA1622 is very sensitive to RF noise. With Shield Pi, it was improved. I'll do more test. New update will be posted once I have.

Good weekend.
Ian
Old 21st July 2019, 10:00 AM   #686
dennusch is offline dennusch  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Is de MCLK always 22.5792 or 24.5760 mhz? Even with higher frequency clock crystals?
Old 22nd July 2019, 12:26 PM   #687
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by minivan View Post
Can just use + outputs and grounds of u1and u2 for single end output?
been doing that seem no problem
You can, but there will be two issues:

1. You will just use half of DAC chip, either I+ or I-, the performance will be degraded.

2. Common mode noise and possible DC offset can not be rejected.

Ian
Old 24th July 2019, 01:41 PM   #688
diyAudio Member

Default Volumio playlist

Hi guys,

I'm having problem with saving/recall playlist on Volumio.

When I recall the saved playlist, nothing happens. The saved playlist doesn't work and the queue was also cleared automatically.

Any experiences and solutions?

Thanks,
Ian
Old 24th July 2019, 05:40 PM   #689
clsidxxl is offline clsidxxl  France
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iancanada View Post
Hi guys,

I'm having problem with saving/recall playlist on Volumio.

When I recall the saved playlist, nothing happens. The saved playlist doesn't work and the queue was also cleared automatically.

Any experiences and solutions?

Thanks,
Ian

Ian to make easy playlist you can also use Cantata,the latest version(2.3.3) is no longer distributed for Windows,you have to take the version the 2.3.2 Release v2.3.2 * CDrummond/cantata * GitHub
the interface is nice to use, the creation of playlists easy to manage.
otherwise there is also Chimney a MPD client Chimney
https://bestwindows8apps.s3.amazonaw...ff4ec77bed.png
made a try
Old 24th July 2019, 06:04 PM   #690
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsidxxl View Post
Ian to make easy playlist you can also use Cantata,the latest version(2.3.3) is no longer distributed for Windows,you have to take the version the 2.3.2 Release v2.3.2 * CDrummond/cantata * GitHub
the interface is nice to use, the creation of playlists easy to manage.
otherwise there is also Chimney a MPD client Chimney
https://bestwindows8apps.s3.amazonaw...ff4ec77bed.png
made a try
Thank you so much for your help. But I'm running Volumio on RPi. Just want to solve the playlist no play issue. Any idea about that?

I use google chrome with Volumio webUI.

Regards,
Ian

IanCanada's Latest RPi GB Goodies Impressions... and your tweaks, mods and hints...Hide this!Advertise here!