web-based audio library that can stream to DLNA?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
At the moment I have all my FLAC in a Synology.
I also have two DLNA streamers (Neet aristream and my Denen AV Amp).

Synology gives you a media server and a really bad 'audio service' which is a webapp for streaming and library management. I tried to use it with my Neet streamer and it didnt work. Its also bad when it comes to searching for things.

So, Im looking for alterantives:
1) with a web interface that can use a existing ynology DLNA db or even build a new one from a shared folder
2) manage, search and play flac etc (like an itunes on web)
3) play the audio through the DNLAs ___not___ "locally" or "via the browser"
4) linux or docker based please! Daphile for example is cool but can only use DACs attached to the systems (right????)

Thanks!

4) linux or docker based please! Daphile for example is cool but can only use DACs attached to the systems (right????)

Thanks!

You need to look at Daphile again; as it essentially is an LMS, you can use the LMS upnp/DLNA plugins to stream to your DLNA devices

Alternatively, you could run LMS directly on your Synology.

Have a look over here for more information:

Squeezebox : Community : Forums

This thread in particular may be a good place to start:

Synology 7.9.2 packages

Thanks ill look at it again. Lms runs but a) looked older than me.. b) the drop menu for streamers only included the squeezy things. (True?)

The original LMS skins are quite archaic (being designed and developed sometime ago), but you need to use the latest 'Material' skin, developed by an LMS user. This skin works on all PC browsers, Android & iOS devices (phones, tablets etc) and automatically chooses the best layout for PC, phone, tablet etc.

I don't stream to anything other than RPi and chromecast players, but I would imagine once the correct plugins are installed and configured, all available players will be displayed and can be selected.

For the sake of a download and a bit of configuration, give it a go, it's free!

Alternatively, if you want to pay for something very similar, have a look at max2play, which is an 'enhanced LMS', for which the base install is free, but additional functionality has to be purchased.

Max2Play | Audiophile Music and Video Player, Headless Setup Raspberry Pi and Odroid

Last edited:
Well done on trying it out, and persevering - it will be worth it.

I don't use any DLNA streaming, so don't have your problem, nor have I experienced it on any of my devices.

As you may have seen, LMS is extremely configurable, so perhaps you have missed a setting (perhaps in the upnp/DLNA plugin itself) or have a conflict somewhere.

Can I suggest posting your question on the slimdevices forum?

Squeezebox : Community : Forums

Edit: Looks like someone else is having a similar problem? uPnP/DLNA Media Interface: playlist stops after one song

Last edited:
I run a number of RPI's with various DAC's; mainly i2s, but also USB and now an IQAudio Digi+ into a Khadas Tone Board.

I run all of these on PiCorePlayer (I use a RPi 3+ with a 2TB HDD as my LMS Server).

Which SPDIF hat have you chosen? Rather than be redundant, I suspect you may have just taken your first step along the RPI audio path, with more to follow...

i got the IQ digi one. 30gbp or something.

to be honest though a spdif link to a DAC (on board Denon 3500h) is the same as the on board HEOS thingy that is just a DNLA client.

maybe someone with a good outboard DAC would make sense. (I actually ordered it before realising a couple of things in the picore/volumio side :) )

But... it will be fun to play around! maybe I can build a good diy DAC :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.