headless linux server

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What's recommended for a headless linux server? I'm looking at daphile, and hopefully can get it up and running without too much of an issue.
I've been using Daphile for more than five years. It is very easy to setup and use.
There are detailed instructions and a FAQ on the website.

I'd also like to control it with my android phone.
I have tried a couple of apps but have settled on Squeezer, an open source app on Google Play.

I'll test it.

Will it have enough juice for the raspberry pi, an external usb hard disk & dac ?

Yes
I have 2 versions. One with some headers for buttons, relay and panel switch, but at the moment it has to be pushed onto the RPI 40 pin header. Another version that is showtime ready has no expansion headers will do all the same filesafe actions and can either be soldered directly to the 40pin header (preferred) or soldered to a removable header. Main reasoning is the wide variety of options and setups one may prefer. I can provide the wires for the one with headers, but would be best for you to choose the accessories for them. The power button need only be an on/off switch. I can provide the part number from mine if wanted. Any 5v DC relay for that part and any momentary buttons for the actions.

Yes
I have 2 versions. One with some headers for buttons, relay and panel switch, but at the moment it has to be pushed onto the RPI 40 pin header. Another version that is showtime ready has no expansion headers will do all the same filesafe actions and can either be soldered directly to the 40pin header (preferred) or soldered to a removable header. Main reasoning is the wide variety of options and setups one may prefer. I can provide the wires for the one with headers, but would be best for you to choose the accessories for them. The power button need only be an on/off switch. I can provide the part number from mine if wanted. Any 5v DC relay for that part and any momentary buttons for the actions.

How much are they? I've got a nice little case for my pi.
Send them both, and I'll test them both.

I can do 20 bucks for the standard and 25 for the one with the wires. Both will include the battery, best one I could find. Should last the life of the pi. Remember, these are not natively for running the pi for extended periods on power loss. If you want to run the pi while the power is out, you would need a power bank. These are designed to properly power up and down based on mains activity. It should do exactly what you want and I've Engineered it to be bug/issue free. Most ups have rough edges and need manual interaction in certain scenarios. I think you'll love it.

PM me and we can exchange info.

It works best of course with the official pi adapter, but I have actually run it from a laptop USB port and every other power source that I have. The main concern is to have enough source supply current. The UPS will correct the voltage to the best for the Pi, and the battery will keep from brown outs. As long as the battery indicates a charge (green) you should be good to go with whatever supply you have. I've even run another pi through anothers USB port using this UPS. It's probably possible to power it from a router that has a USB port. It's all in providing the source supply that meets your current needs. The voltage is taken care of.

Follow this link..

YouTube

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.