Equalizing sound in Netflix app in Win 8.1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey,

I´ve build a HTPC with an 8 channel soundcard to act as an active crossover with the use of EQ APO and an aplituner but to my dismay it turns out that Netflix app in Windows 8.1 won't work with a free third party equalizer software because of DRM protection. From what I´ve read it needs to be signed by its publisher that it complies with protected content playback, and unfourtunately EQ APO does not have any such signature.

The only workaround I´ve found so far is to use Netflix through a web browser but that is something I would like to avoid as it kinda ruins this whole HTPC experience.

Does anyone know and recommend a Windows, system wide equalizer that could act as an active crossover and works with DRM protected stuff like Netflix?

Your input will be much appreciated.

Thank You very much for the suggestion. I've used the EQ included in the Voicemeeter Banana package and it worked with some titles (like IT Crowd) but when I switched to a movie I got the same error as with EQ APO, sadly.

I've read that some poeple managed to route Netflix sound through Jriver Media Center so there is some hope.

I
Perhaps a Netflix plugin for Kodi will be more understanding to EQing, will check it.

Yes that is correct, I do have 8 analog outs but correcting for the room, speaker placement and midrange/tweeter crossover with analog filters would be quite a challenge for me. I gave up on equalizing Netflix on the PC, there seems to be no way of doing this other than viewing the content with a web browser. I will be running Netflix straight from the TV app and rely on room EQ of the receiver. HTPC will remain a dedicated source for music listening and non-Netflix movies, with a digital XO done with APO, thats the only reasonable way I see it.

Thanks to everyone for help, I might use Voicemeeter Banana in the future to tweak my Netflix-free digital crossover ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.