Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Voicemeter Banana with Equalizer APO -> active crossover
Voicemeter Banana with Equalizer APO -> active crossover
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th December 2018, 12:37 PM   #1
Soldy is offline Soldy  Germany
diyAudio Member

Default Voicemeter Banana with Equalizer APO -> active crossover

Hi there,

I have a 7.1 reciever and I want to use it to power a 5.1 speaker system with active speakers (front speakers are 2 way active).

What I have done so far:
- windows audio output is set to Voicmeter VAIO
- Voicemeter audio output A1 is set to Denon AVR HD (2 - High Definition Audio)
- Equalizer APO Device: Default - Output A1 Voicemeter
- Equalizer APO: Preamplification - 6dB

- Equalizer APO Channel copy: SL = L, SR = R

Now I tried to test the system with Spotify, but only the R/L channel output sound, SL and SR are quiet. I also tested it with a 5.1 test video (which worked before) but sound only came out of the front right/left speakers. So when rear right should have played the sound came out of the front right speaker.

Equalizer APO does work, because when I change the preamplification gain, it takes affect immediately.

Can you tell me, why the channel copying does not work?

Regards,
Soldy

Last edited by Soldy; 8th December 2018 at 12:40 PM.
Old 8th December 2018, 12:59 PM   #2
Soldy is offline Soldy  Germany
diyAudio Member

Problem almost solved: In Windows both voicemeter and the HDMI Playback device where set to stereo.

Now the only problem I have is that the sound that is supposed to come out of the front right speaker is coming out of the rear speaker. But I think I will figure it out soon
Old 14th December 2018, 08:04 AM   #3
jiiteepee is offline jiiteepee  Finland
diyAudio Member

Your config.txt would be helpful.

EqualizerAPO has its own discussion forum and wiki documentation you should find all needed info for what you're doing there. Equalizer APO / Discussion / Search

Voicemeter Banana with Equalizer APO -> active crossoverHide this!Advertise here!