Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Pulseaudio Crossover Rack - multi-way crossover design & implementation with linux
Pulseaudio Crossover Rack - multi-way crossover design & implementation with linux
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th July 2020, 09:56 PM   #721
wlodek3055 is offline wlodek3055  Poland
diyAudio Member

Default Mediacenter+crossover with Pulseaudio Crossover Rack - QUESTION

Sorry Guys it I ask dumb question or one which was answered here already but the chain is already 74 pages and it's really hard to read all swiftly. I address question @Tfive as an author or whomever else did already this I want to ask for: I would like to create media centre computer with multichannel DAC (MiniDSP 8 channel streamer + 3x AD1865 NOS DAC - all DIY as I am engineer of electronics).
How do I imagine the system is: Kodi Media Center looped back to the Pulseaudio Crossover Rack by Tfive, which sits in autostart, and via multichannel streamer I2S signal goes to HighEnd DAC such as AD1865 chip based and then to multichannel D-class amp.
Will it do the job? Can the Tfive software be run automatically at the start of the system with always the same, predefined, settings (filter set + adjustements) AND run in the background??
PS. Some as 2 years ago I manage to do the system like that running Ubuntu as described here: Digital Crossover/EQ with Open-Source Software: HOWTO | Richard's Stuff but I found it not-user friendly to configure and use. When I have seen today the Tfive piece of software it rise my hopes very high again. So - again - will it work as I imagine?

Last edited by wlodek3055; 6th July 2020 at 10:00 PM.
Old 6th July 2020, 10:30 PM   #722
geraldfryjr is offline geraldfryjr  United States
diyAudio Member

5 parametric that I just posted about in another thread works fabulous on my machine, the Pulse Audio EQ worked great for a while for me but crashed a few times I would really like to have the compressor working in it. well so I wait until they fix it, meanwhile here is the link to the parametric EQ, I like it a lot!!

Pulseaudio Parametric Equalizer :: T5! DIY Audio Software & Hardware

jer
Old 6th July 2020, 10:50 PM   #723
diyAudio Member

Yes it starts up with the system as default on if it is on when you shut it down and do a reboot.

I don't use Kodi but Imagine it works the same, as it is just basically a DE running under the very some OS you are using.

Yes you can set several Presets with whatever name of your choosing yes it runs in the background and is inserted in the path of whatever your streaming device may be and you can choose what your default is.

In the screenshot below you can see that I have two videos playing one is straight through from my soundcard and the other is diverted through the EQ to my output device (soundcard).

jer
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_20200706_184519.png (117.0 KB, 75 views)
Old 6th July 2020, 11:21 PM   #724
diyAudio Member

What is the DSP56361 device? I assume the second one audio you have in configuration called LADSPA Plugin T5's is the fake, loop back input of the Tfive software, correct?
Old 6th July 2020, 11:29 PM   #725
diyAudio Member

That is the DSP that is my Echosystem Gina24 soundcard.
Old 6th July 2020, 11:38 PM   #726
diyAudio Member

Yes, The T5 is inserted into the path from the source in this case Google chrome and looped back into the soundcard, I don't have any other device hooked up at this time so I have not tried using a USB soundcard yet, I can make one up using my one of my STM32F4discovery boards that has worked in the past as an output device, but I am sure that it would work just fine, I hope.

jer
Old 7th July 2020, 12:23 AM   #727
DarpMalone is offline DarpMalone  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlodek3055 View Post
Sorry Guys it I ask dumb question or one which was answered here already but the chain is already 74 pages and it's really hard to read all swiftly. I address question @Tfive as an author or whomever else did already this I want to ask for: I would like to create media centre computer with multichannel DAC (MiniDSP 8 channel streamer + 3x AD1865 NOS DAC - all DIY as I am engineer of electronics).
How do I imagine the system is: Kodi Media Center looped back to the Pulseaudio Crossover Rack by Tfive, which sits in autostart, and via multichannel streamer I2S signal goes to HighEnd DAC such as AD1865 chip based and then to multichannel D-class amp.
Will it do the job? Can the Tfive software be run automatically at the start of the system with always the same, predefined, settings (filter set + adjustements) AND run in the background??
PS. Some as 2 years ago I manage to do the system like that running Ubuntu as described here: Digital Crossover/EQ with Open-Source Software: HOWTO | Richard's Stuff but I found it not-user friendly to configure and use. When I have seen today the Tfive piece of software it rise my hopes very high again. So - again - will it work as I imagine?
Yes, it works rather flawlessly. I'm using the MCHStreamer with the MiniDAC8 for 8Ch out as well as a Focusrite Scarlett as ADC for external sources.

Linus see's PAXoverRack as a virtual sink (PaXoverRack.Input) so all applications can output to PaXoverRack to be processed.
Old 7th July 2020, 01:23 AM   #728
diyAudio Member

@DarpMalone - can PaXoverRack.Input be set as default device? I want to make sure that also audio coming from web browser (let's say Chrome) will be played via crossover. Or differently speaking - to make sure that entirely ALL audio from the system will go via crossover. The other case I can accidentally destroy the tweeter, agree?
Old 7th July 2020, 08:21 AM   #729
xorcz is offline xorcz  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

@wlodek - it is the default device. I am running Rack on my computer (still Ubuntu 18.04) for months without any issues, it is 100% reliable. You can set it static and disable udev-detect, but there is no really advantage, contrary some sound GUI programs would not work.

ad KODI - it does not come with Pulseaudio, does it?
Old 7th July 2020, 08:52 AM   #730
diyAudio Member

@xorcz Kodi is using default what you have in system. So it "see" pulseaudio when installed. Up to now I used get rid of Pulseaudio staying only with Alsa layer as I was afraid of famous Pulseaudio resampling issue. But to use software we discussing here I will be forced to use Pulseaudio anyways. So answering your question - yes Kodi is using Pulseaudio without any issue

Pulseaudio Crossover Rack - multi-way crossover design & implementation with linuxHide this!Advertise here!