Pulseaudio Crossover Rack - multi-way crossover design & implementation with linux

Wow! Getting late by you! Thanks for your help!

Ugh. still happening. I have been doing the following;
"sudo apt-get -- remove pulseaudio-crossover-rack"
"sudo apt-get update"
"sudo apt-get install pulseaudio-crossover-rack"

(not sure its even necessary, but i like clean installs)

Should I be doing something different?

(indicates its still trying to install 1.81)

@Tfive: As you probably know, Ubuntu is migrating from PA to PipeWire soon. How will that impact the PA crossover rack? Have you considered doing the same thing but for PipeWire?
it will not work at all. sad to say so, hope to get some time in to get the successor version up and running that will support pulseaudio and pure alsa. probably there will be a way to deal with pipewire as well. we will have to see. Suffice to say that I'm pretty fed up with the way that ubuntu based distros deal with backwards compatibility breaking things left and right, including prerelease versions of pulseaudio in lts releases that have bugs in them that are not fixed upstream to this day. </RANT>

Reactions: 1 user
it will not work at all. sad to say so, hope to get some time in to get the successor version up and running that will support pulseaudio and pure alsa. probably there will be a way to deal with pipewire as well. we will have to see. Suffice to say that I'm pretty fed up with the way that ubuntu based distros deal with backwards compatibility breaking things left and right, including prerelease versions of pulseaudio in lts releases that have bugs in them that are not fixed upstream to this day. </RANT>
Which is why I go for pure debian (or actually devuan - free of systemd). They give you the choice of going pipewire if you want to, but don't force you to. I will, because I think pipewire is much better designed than pulseaudio.