Pulseaudio Crossover Rack - multi-way crossover design & implementation with linux

Generally it is recommended to upgrade to new ubuntu LTS versions after their first upgrade (20.04.1). The fixed April release deadline does not go well with stability.

Nevertheless I understand they wanted to use the latest PA since this release will last for 5 more years.

Generally to use a prerelease version is a very bad idea though, especially in a LTS version. (At least in theory) they will have to carry around this version for five years then. With all quirks and whatnot.

I do not have Ubuntu installed but Manjaro which (so far ) I am quite happy with .

I use Alsa with Pulse audio removed as this app is actually secondary to Alsa and very happy am I with it using an old Creative Titanium card that is now obsolete due to dislike by gamers as it was "too Hi-Fi".

I have to thank them as it allowed me to purchase it for £120 instead of over £200 , the same card on Amazon/ ebay is now offered for sale at over $1000.
It has never let me down after many years and sounds nice along with an old Arcam Alpha3 amp and Sony APM loudspeakers (the original ones with the high quality tweeters) liked by Alvin Gold.

"Just don't use it " requires you to stop it and disable many parts of it that are automatically used by default in most Linux distros.

At the same time there is a list of Alsa apps that need to be started including Alsa Player ,at first glance on Pacman that amounted to ---12--- also Alsa Mixer which is definitely required plus removing Pulse audio volume control from the tray.

"Just don't use it " requires you to stop it and disable many parts of it that are automatically used by default in most Linux distros.

If you do not mind PA running in the background doing nothing, all you have to do is tell PA to ignore the soundcard you want to use directly in alsa. I have 4 soundcards in my Mint (ubuntu) PC and only one is enabled in PA, all the other cards are directly accessed by my alsa projects. PA never touches them.

If you do not mind PA running in the background doing nothing, all you have to do is tell PA to ignore the soundcard you want to use directly in alsa. I have 4 soundcards in my Mint (ubuntu) PC and only one is enabled in PA, all the other cards are directly accessed by my alsa projects. PA never touches them.

Alsa Mixer allows you to easily change the default card my PC uses so default for the system is the Creative card Titanium x-fi
using the Terminal .

I do not use programming to change this as I connect directly to the sound-card analog output--- your case with more than one soundcard ( I am talking non- Motherboard cards namely using PCI-Express slots)

Then to an external amplifier and speakers .

I do not know what you mean by "alsa mixer", but the CLI tool alsamixer does not change system default card, the TUI card selection is just for showing/adjusting that specific card's controls.

It does not matter how many soundcards you have in your system, PA takes over any soundcard it finds, be it one or more. Look at

Code:
sudo lsof  /dev/snd/*

to see what sound devices are acquired by which process.

PA is OK with having all soundcards disabled. No need to search for a distro without PA.

Terminal-alsamixer-F6-select sound card .

Once set it stays that way ,I have been using this method since the good Creative sound card was on the market a long time ago.
Everything goes through it as default --all apps/browsers/etc .
Using version-v1.2.2.

Your code doesn't function properly in Manjaro , lsof I know about which does work.

Even on Manjaro forum all posters are advised to use the above method of Alsamixer which does change permanently the default card.
Are you not basing it on the Motherboard default programming ?

But you are not using Arch, you are using Manjaro. Saying they are the same is almost like saying that Ubuntu and Debian are the same.

But sorry, I forgot and maybe someone can remind me. What is this thread about?

Your wrong its just a more friendly version of Arch from the same organization your exaggeration of differential is way out .

Same basic system just with some apps already installed to make it less work to set up .

Every change in Arch is made in Manjaro using the same codes and logic ,you have obviously not spent any time in coming to your wrong conclusion .

The same updates to Arch are applied to Manjaro once they are GUARANTEED as stable or you can install the unstable versions .

As you are not willing to accept my word will you accept the wiki on it ?

Manjaro - Wikipedia