eAPOxo - an alternative gui for Equalizer APO

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is a pet project of mine I've been working on for about six months. Figured it was ready to share at this point. Its basically a crossover GUI that automatically creates impulse WAV files and eAPO config files on the fly. Currently it supports 2-way crossover, LR2/4/8, three PEQ filters, and adjustable x-over frequency from 500 to 2500 hz among other things. Crossovers are linear phase, and either minimum or linear PEQs. Impulse WAVs are stereo 64-bit float.

If there's any interest it wouldn't be too hard to put together a download. I'd just need to add a couple features like channel mapping and maybe add support for 3/4-way.

It currently uses python and scipy to create the filters simply because that was easiest to proof-of-concept. Eventually I'll move it to managed code in c#. There's a small delay of 1-2 seconds when you create a new filter because of the init time for the python interpreter, but it caches the filter WAVs on the HDD so once you've generated one once, the transition is only a split second since it only has to generate a 10 line config file for eAPO. Makes A-B very quick and easy. Next up on my list of features to add is named presets, target room curves i.e. flat/B&K, and also try to create a "tilt" control like that that old Quad preamp had.

What it produces is real so close to what rephase produces I can't tell a difference in the ePO gui graphs.

This has taught me a lot about not only signal processing (I have zero background in that) but of course about the hobby in general. Even 25hz crossover changes produce a pretty obvious change sometimes. No, I couldn't pick it out in DBT but its different nonetheless. I never would have thought the subject difference of 25hz is probably akin to tube rolling, etc. but it is. In a way this has kind of ruined me a little bit. I'm an amp guy at heart but its hard to remain focused on that when it has become obvious even small xover tweaks are more important than tube rolling etc. All part of the journey.

Attachments

• eapoxo screenshot.png
    eapoxo screenshot.png
    549 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
My crossover is on top. The bottom is tidal. Foobar should work if you use wasapi non-exclusive mode but no I don't support any foobar convolvers directly although it is probably possible.

I don't really use foobar myself as i'm a 50/50 split between tidal and an ot player with 10 foot interface I developed but am not ready to share right now but may eventually.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.