Where can I buy a USB Sabre DAC?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No, the simple ones from Lee do all use the USB bus power, naked. The fact they still sound better than other DACs is to me a major indictment of those 'mainstream' ones.
So If I understand you corrctly,
you say that the power in the 23$ by Lee, and the power in the 40$ which I gave earluier, is the same..

So in that case, maybe it should not be a "no" after all?
If it orks good in the 23$ one, it should do similarly in the 40$ one, no?
(I ask this in order to know If I shoul try and buy the 40$ one too)

So in that case, maybe it should not be a "no" after all?

Its definitely a 'no' for me. That was the context, you asked if I had tried it. Its not intended to be a 'don't buy' to anyone else :)

If it orks good in the 23$ one, it should do similarly in the 40$ one, no?
(I ask this in order to know If I shoul try and buy the 40$ one too)

Just bear in mind its also got a headphone amp inside which is powered from the same noisy USB supply. So potentially an additional downside. I can't see why it would do any better than the 4*TDA1387 model if you don't want a headamp, and if you do want a headamp you'd do better to have one which steps up the USB power and regulates it.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hello Guys,

That was an interesting thread... so i want to wake up, if you don"t mind. ;)

I have a RaspberryPi based media player with an AroioDAC hat (with PCM5122 DAC chip).
I am satisfied with the sound it produces, but also am interested about the NonOverSampling dacs. I'd like to have a DAC (for my laptop) producing a bit more warmer sound for instrumental musics.

I took a look on ebay and found the next DAC boards:
1: TDA1387 x4
2: TDA1543 x4 or a very similar product from Aliexpress
3: TDA1543 x8
4: TDA1543 x10

The first one was tested by @spaceman5.
The second one is tested and scored high here.
The third and fourth boards have more TDA1543s parallel, but their price is also multiplied by 2-3, compared to the second board. Might they worth the extra money? Do somebody heard these TDA1543 x4/x8/x10 DACs?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.