SRC hat for Raspberry Pi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Interesting addition.. a hat that does src and up-sampling to dsd options.
Raspi-4137 Raspberry Pi Digital Network Player Supports 32bit 384K DSD256 | eBay

There have been discussions in this thread as to the advantages of feeding ESS90xx dacs with dsd data.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/314935-es9038q2m-board-245.html#post5531380

This board does on the fly conversion so no need to store huge files and i2s output so no usb to i2s needed.
Uses hifiberry driver.. I'm guessing sda/scl gpio used so may curtail other i2c devices such as displays ?

Alternative stand alone version...
AK4137 I2S/DSD Sample Rate Conversion Board Supports PCM/DSD Interconversion DOP | eBay

This board is a Sample Rate Converter...it re-samples (up-samples) to your chosen sample rate.
The benefits seem to be most noticeable when the output ie resampled is DSD 256... if your DAC does not accept this then it will be of little use.

The Kali is a reclocker. It fixes the RPi's clocking inadequacy.

I have both and prefer the Kali for sound quality... It also currently has an incompatibility with the Linux kernel requiring a workaround for 24 bit sample rates.
It seems this may be fixed for newer kernels.
It does not work with DSD files.

Depending on your playback format needs this may affect your choice.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.