Voicemeeter Banana - modern audio formats?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I am planing to use a computer as a DSP. Since I require 10 channels (or more later on), the software voicemeeter Banana seems like the best choice. It can handle 8 channels per sound card and up to three sound cards -> 24 channels in total.

5.1 DTS shouldn't be a problem I assume. But since it should be a long term solution, I was wondering if I can use this software in combination with modern audio formats like Atmos, DTS-X or Auro 3D?

Do any of you guys have experience regarding this?

I am not declined towards Linux, so if there is a good option feel free to tell me :)

Greetings :)

EDIT: It seems, that up to this point no decoder is available for the computer so I guess that is it.

Last edited:
I just tried it recently. Although it could do stereo ASIO outputs I couldn't see how to get it to do ASIO inputs. Not sure about multi-channel ASIO outputs, either. Since it didn't look like it would do what I wanted, I didn't spend much time trying it out for other possible uses.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.