SPDIF to UPNP Converter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
SPDIF to UPNP Converter... is there a way ?

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone would know of some code &/or hardware that does SPDIF to UPNP conversion with miminal latency ?

Something like...
SPDIF output --- Raspberry Pi etc (to do the conversion) --- Music renderer via Upnp.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone would know of some code &/or hardware that does SPDIF to UPNP conversion with miminal latency ?

Something like...
SPDIF output --- Raspberry Pi etc (to do the conversion) --- Music renderer via Upnp.

Thanks.

SPDIF to <insert format/protocol here> It can be done with a CM6206LX and a Raspberry Pi. After that i dunno. My RPi is usually the renderer.

DLNA..... needs a server, control point, renderer....
In this case the server is going to be the RPi. The other bits I'll ignore.

On the RPi, you tend to have Debian(Raspbian) OS. This is not Ubuntu and probably won't run Pulseaudio. hatever DLNA server is installed, the challenge is "Will the server accept a soundcard input as a valid source in a playlist?"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.