Equalizer APO and Wi-Fi streaming

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I use a laptop as my audio source, playing through Equalizer APO then Bluetooth to amplifier.

1. I'm considering Wi-Fi streaming, using a Chromecast/Audiocast device and the inbuilt DLNA server in Windows 10. Can Equalizer APO be applied to Wi-Fi streaming/does the Chromecast appear as an audio device in Windows 10 to which EQ APO can be applied?

2. Is Wi-Fi streaming that much superior to Bluetooth aptX or will I not notice the difference? I don't have high end components but I've got a pretty good ear.

aptx is lossy. only if you have aptx-HD is it very high biterate/quality. aptx is proprietary and expensive. I gave up on bluetooth due to noise, lag, £££, etc. i like bluetooth and if it works for you then good :). just for me i found something better for my needs :).

yea, i think lossless streaming over wifi can be done. not tired it my self.

ive been using old TV and new RC composite video transmitters with a spdif signal down the video channel :). makes for cheap long rang wireless, low latency audio :D. the signal voltages of spdif and composite video match ;).

you can buy 5.8ghz(not interfere with 2.4ghz wifi) or 2.4ghz(better though walls, may interfere with wifi) video transmitters
I use a analogue to spidf converter to transmitter and spidf to analogue converter connected to wireless receiver and amp

somebody posted this on 12v sound systems group on evil zuckerbook. very useful info.

Last edited:
ive been using
Ant: Team BlackSheep Online Store - TBS TRIUMPH RPSMA(RHCP 2PCS)
TX + RX: FPV 5.8G TS5828 600mW / TS835 Transmitter + 48CH RC832 plus Receiver With A/V and Power Cables-in Parts & Accessories from Toys & Hobbies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
clone ant: Long TBS TRIUMPH Team BlackSheep VAS 5.8GHz Circular Polarized Triumph Antenna SMA RP SMA Black Sheep for FPV Racing Quadcopter-in Parts & Accessories from Toys & Hobbies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

spdif converters:
noise fool, pops too on signal loss, i think: SMSL TV DAC Digital Optical Coaxial to Analog Stereo RCA Audio Converter Adapter Coaxial Input Cable 3.5mm Input Cable Sky blue-in Digital-to-Analog Converter from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

bit less noisefloor but i feel it was a bit iffy, in other words, i am not getting another one but better cheap smsl tv dac. i think it didn’t pop on signal loss:
FiiO D03K Taishan Coaxial/Optical Digital To Analogue R/L Audio Converter 531479629916 | eBay

i find old high end portable headphone dacs/amps to be a lot better
The oled display seams to have burn in marks as there is a shadow of usb when switching menu items: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FiiO-Alp...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
The newer model is fiio e17k which was my first one, very good. i like it a lot! for lots of wireless setups i am looking for oldered models that have near or just as good low noise fool to save money.

analogue to spdif converter:
https://smile.amazon.co.uk/LINDY-Analogue-Stereo-Digital-Converter/dp/B002AL4XVO/
seams to have a good low noise floor buts its ££!

I have this to try out next:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/FPV...725.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dBe811I
using a Team Black Sheep triumph and one of there directional antennas.

Last edited:
Thanks for these links. I've had a good look through them and it looks to be a reasonable solution. The issue I have, though, is that I use EQ APO and I don't see how I could apply it to these devices. That, and at first sight this solution seems to be considerably more expensive than most Bluetooth devices I've seen.

Thanks for these links. I've had a good look through them and it looks to be a reasonable solution. The issue I have, though, is that I use EQ APO and I don't see how I could apply it to these devices. That, and at first sight this solution seems to be considerably more expensive than most Bluetooth devices I've seen.

Yes, compared to a little £30 Bluetooth cheapo , lossy set then its more expensive.

the spidf over video transmitter, is lossless and gives the option of using a cheap >£10 dac or a £35+ fancy low noise dac. For me i wanted long range of 100m+ which i get with spdif over video transmitter. there are cheaper home video transmitters (10-15m~ range) but i am using fancy high power ones with fancy ant for better reception.

so ya, problely not what you want when you have something that works...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.