This device cannot start. (Code 10) Insufficient system resources exist to complete

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My computer was slowing down a lot, so among other things, I installed updates to my Windows 10 operating system. I also deleted all my cookies, temporary internet files, etc . . .
My computer sped up a lot, but I have no sound. I'm using an NVIDIA Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio sound card. It's 5 or 6 years old, as is my computer. The windows Device Manager says:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API.

The Microsoft help forum says code 10 errors happen when there is incompatibility between my OS and the device drivers. I checked, but I'm already using the latest drivers for my sound card.

I'm guessing that the updates I made to Windows 10 are not compatible with my old sound card. I'm also guessing that NVIDIA has stopped supporting this sound card, and compatible device drivers are no longer available. So I'm guessing that I have to buy a new sound card.:mad:

Does anyone have any suggestions before I fork over some money to New Egg?

-Byron

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.