Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Spotifyd a MPD like Spotify player
Spotifyd a MPD like Spotify player
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th January 2018, 06:56 PM   #1
taita is offline taita  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Default Spotifyd a MPD like Spotify player

I found this GitHub - Spotifyd/spotifyd: A spotify playing daemon
A headless linux based MPD like Spotify player for premium users that can be controlled by every normal Spotify UI. The output uses alsa and probably can be configured so that soundprocessing in ecasound can be used.

I downloaded it and unzipped it but what to do to install it?
Old 30th January 2018, 05:33 PM   #2
flexus is offline flexus  Austria
diyAudio Member

you mean how to compile? if you scroll down a bit there is the manual, it needs rust.
which distribution do you use?
Old 31st January 2018, 08:18 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexus View Post
you mean how to compile? if you scroll down a bit there is the manual, it needs rust.
which distribution do you use?
At the end I found the solution at another forum: the downloaded file is a binary (without extension) that can be easily installed with chmod. Using ./Spotifyd the deamon is running and can be easily controlled with every Spotify frontend in the network using Spotify connect. A config file can be used for username password and various settings amongst bitrate and output. Its easy to alter between MPD and Spotifyd as deamons just by stopping and starting playing. So I can recommend this player to everybody with a Spotify premium account and a linux based system (I use Ubuntu mate on a RPI2).
Old 2nd February 2018, 04:47 AM   #4
gvl is offline gvl  United States
diyAudio Member

Both Daphile and Volumio have Spotify plugins that can be controlled through Spotify connect. All these are basically based on librespot.
Old 2nd February 2018, 08:36 AM   #5
Man in a van is offline Man in a van  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I have used this with great success in the past

GitHub - dtcooper/raspotify: Raspotify - Spotify Connect client for the Raspberry Pi that Just Works™

It must be numpty proof for me to use it

Ronnie
Old 8th March 2018, 05:12 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
I have used this with great success in the past

GitHub - dtcooper/raspotify: Raspotify - Spotify Connect client for the Raspberry Pi that Just Works™

It must be numpty proof for me to use it

Ronnie
I tried this today. Unfortunately it doesn't work on Ubuntu mate, only on Raspbian.

Spotifyd had some problems, the new version on github solved this.

Spotifyd a MPD like Spotify playerHide this!Advertise here!