Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

How redirect Audio from PC to Raspberry Pi
How redirect Audio from PC to Raspberry Pi
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd January 2018, 06:43 PM   #11
audioengr is offline audioengr  United States
diyAudio Member

If you only want to play 2-channel to the RPi, then install Dietpi OS and select DLNA from the menu. Then play music from Jriver on your PC. This is a DLNA endpoint. Use Ethernet or WIFI. If you want a direct connection, you can try a crossover Ethernet cable.

If you want a music server, then install Roon Server by selecting it from the Dietpi menu.
Old 9th February 2018, 09:52 AM   #12
Maupastor is offline Maupastor  Portugal
diyAudio Member

http://www.audioinjector.net/rpi-zero

I think audio injector solves your problem and is not expensive.
Old 9th February 2018, 05:46 PM   #13
flexus is offline flexus  Austria
diyAudio Member

the main problem in a software solution is stability. with some of them you end up in a stable state. but beware shutting the box down afterwards because maybe you didnt save your configuration hell or stuff like that its often very problematic if you restart one of the boxes.

i once had some zita solution running, i think it is called zita-njbridge. it was working stable but i didnt test latency. it is a linux only jack client though.

good luck

How redirect Audio from PC to Raspberry PiHide this!Advertise here!