Anyone else have trouble getting 192 from RPi and Digi boards?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have both Digione and Digi Pro boards and I cannot get 192 or 176.4 from either without errors. My DAC shows signal and I see it on the scope, but it is dead quiet. Plays lower sample-rates fine. I am using Dietpi OS and DLNA end-point to play with Jriver.

I added some decoupling caps to the Digi Pro and it changed the behavior, but still no 192. Originally, it had signal output 100% of the time, but now it only has signal when I play a track. The Digione board always behaved like this, so I think this might be normal.

I also added some decoupling caps to the RPi board. Before doing this, the red LED would flash during 176.4 and 192 playback. Now, it does not flash anymore. No flashing during lower sample-rate playback, just illuminated solid. Evidently, the red LED indicates sagging voltage on the RPi board and this fixed that.

Steve N.

Hi Steve.

Still in big (audio-)business, selling 10k$ DACs ??

You bet. My newest DAC review should be out on audiostream in 2 weeks.

Back to the roots? Sneaking around in good ole DIY-Audio.

I'm thinking about designing an ultimate performance HAT board, so I'm playing with the RPi.

Why not asking Allo? Inmate cdsgames is the guy in charge.

I'll give it a try, but since both boards are exhibiting this I think it might be a RPi issue. My DAC needs a clean data stream and it's not getting it.

Steve N.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.