Which USB codec to use?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry if this has already been asked. I'm looking for a USB CODEC for a ham radio IQ vector signal transceiver usage. The radio portion of the project is similar to the SoftRock RXTX, which requires a stereo ADC for the receive portion, and a stereo DAC for the transmit portion. This isn't a hifi project per se, but I'm still hoping someone here with some experience in DACs / ADC's can help me out.

I'm looking for the following:

• USB interface, Linux-compatible
  • 96+ kHz (192 kHz would be amazing)
  • 16+ bit depth (24 bit would be amazing)
  • exactly 2 channels ADC
  • exactly 2 channels DAC
  • Low external part count
  • SMT package, ideally in TQFP or SSOP.
  • Available from one or more reputable distributors with MOQ of 10 or less. I'm not opposed to sourcing from China as long as there are vendors on Taobao / Aliexpress / Alibaba that stock it, with decent user ratings. Datasheet available
  • Under $15.00 USD worst-case, but under $5.00 would be amazing.

I've been looking around but so far have not turned anything up. TI makes some chips that are close, but they are only 48 kHz. For the receive, higher sample rates equate to more spectrum visible after the conversion. If I don't find anything better, I will begrudgingly end up using the TI CODECs for the first version and just put up with the low sample rate.

Does anything like this exist?

Sorry if this has already been asked. I'm looking for a USB CODEC for a ham radio IQ vector signal transceiver usage. The radio portion of the project is similar to the SoftRock RXTX, which requires a stereo ADC for the receive portion, and a stereo DAC for the transmit portion. This isn't a hifi project per se, but I'm still hoping someone here with some experience in DACs / ADC's can help me out.

I'm looking for the following:

• USB interface, Linux-compatible
  • 96+ kHz (192 kHz would be amazing)
  • 16+ bit depth (24 bit would be amazing)
  • exactly 2 channels ADC
  • exactly 2 channels DAC
  • Low external part count
  • SMT package, ideally in TQFP or SSOP.
  • Available from one or more reputable distributors with MOQ of 10 or less. I'm not opposed to sourcing from China as long as there are vendors on Taobao / Aliexpress / Alibaba that stock it, with decent user ratings. Datasheet available
  • Under $15.00 USD worst-case, but under $5.00 would be amazing.

I've been looking around but so far have not turned anything up. TI makes some chips that are close, but they are only 48 kHz. For the receive, higher sample rates equate to more spectrum visible after the conversion. If I don't find anything better, I will begrudgingly end up using the TI CODECs for the first version and just put up with the low sample rate.

Does anything like this exist?

Understand your frustration as well, I’ve been researching myself. It would be nice if TI got up to speed on the newer USB protocols in terms of their CODECS.

The PCM2900 series CODEC needs an update badly!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.