Multi player for pc to play multiple audio files via digigram audio card

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I am busy with a audio project to play Multi audio files as per requirement at the time from a PC with two installed Digigram Audio cards with 6 outputs per card. [Twelve in total.] I would like to expand on it in the near future to 4 audio cards per PC. [24 audio outputs]. At times only 2 audio's is playing and then at times all 12 is playing.

I need assistance with a simple player that can play muliple audio files, depending on backup requirements for PC to play audio files as required during normal feed/linking failures

Basic requirements of such a player on PC screen view:

Play, Stop, Pause, Track number of total tracks in folder, Stereo Audio level display and maybe a small CD cover .jpg file display.

I use VLC player as a multi mode player, but at times one of the windows is closed by accident - need a foole proof solution.

Anybody who can assist with such a solution? This is to get rid of muliple DVD/CD players.

Regards

Theunis

There area couple of approaches. If you are happy with vlc you can run it as the default windows shell instead of explorer.exe

Or, if you are running Windows 10, you can package an app, such as vlc, to run in kiosk mode.

The difference is usually whether the PC is running Windows 10 and is going to be used for other things, but needs to be left unattended by someone that knows what they are doing (kiosk mode) or if you are setting up a dedicated function machine on an OS other than 10 (replace explorer shell).

Personally, I would run a copy of Linux live off a CD or USB stick which allows you to lock it down in kiosk mode, but is pretty much bulletproof, security-wise, will be easier to setup, will run with fewer resources hogging cpu and if something screws up, just rewrite your media and reboot. This also means you can keep your windows setup as it is and not have to dick with it.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.