panel mounted *round* usb socket

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i wish to add a usb socket to the front of my dsp project. ive yet to find a nice looking usb socket which can be mounted in a simple drilled hole.

anyone have a suggestion?

ive seen a few on chinese wholesale sites, but these tend to be huge waterproof industrial jobbies, expensive, only available in large quantities, and imported.

the rest require a square or rectangular hole, and do not have a bezel which hides any roughness in the cut. Not exactly easy to do with home tools and a 13mm thick aluminium front fascia.

im just after a nice looking one for sale in Europe. type of usb socket (standard, mini,micro) is not critical, i can find a cable for any type...

Joined 2011
Last edited:
Edit didn't see previous posts

You can get usb extension leads with a clip in panel mount socket for car uses. Whether the thickness of your panel would let it lock in well is questionable.

You can also get them in Neutrik style mountings which may be more the thing appearance wise and will go in a round hole and cover the edges.

i wish to add a usb socket to the front of my dsp project. ive yet to find a nice looking usb socket which can be mounted in a simple drilled hole.

anyone have a suggestion?

ive seen a few on chinese wholesale sites, but these tend to be huge waterproof industrial jobbies, expensive, only available in large quantities, and imported.

the rest require a square or rectangular hole, and do not have a bezel which hides any roughness in the cut. Not exactly easy to do with home tools and a 13mm thick aluminium front fascia.

im just after a nice looking one for sale in Europe. type of usb socket (standard, mini,micro) is not critical, i can find a cable for any type...

Nothing here?
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/c/conne...usb-connectors/?applied-dimensions=4294705869

J.

The Neutrik USB sockets are not just power and they can be mounted from the rear thus only showing a circle on the front. They are available in silver or black and in USB2 or 3 versions. I like the look of them and it is easier to cut a neat round hole in a panel than a slot. They are of course also of professional quality.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.