Now I have video/mouse EFI noise in my system!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Since the noise is not present when using his non-earhed monoblocs, I assume it is caused by the ground loop. Plus I have multiple experience of the same problem, always solved by removing the loop by various means. The soundcards themselves are usually pretty clean, even onboard ones.
I really don't want to isolate my output with a transformer....
And I've tested the preamp without a bond....but at the same time, EVERYTHING without a bond, which might not of accomplished the desired effect.

Since the noise is not present when using his non-earhed monoblocs, I assume it is caused by the ground loop. Plus I have multiple experience of the same problem, always solved by removing the loop by various means. The soundcards themselves are usually pretty clean, even onboard ones.
It may be so, I won't insist. I was also speaking from personal experiense but all in all it's just a diy case.
I like the idea of a resistor to ground, especially if I can also reduce line output slightly...its pretty hot out of the Xonar!
That's a different story and a big adventure... To start with, I would propose to use the sound card volume control. Don't underestimate that. I'm using it and I'm very happy! It would get bad only if it is set too low, or if you play files higher than 24bit which tis sound card cannot do anyway.

It may be so, I won't insist. I was also speaking from personal experiense but all in all it's just a diy case.

That's a different story and a big adventure... To start with, I would propose to use the sound card volume control. Don't underestimate that. I'm using it and I'm very happy! It would get bad only if it is set too low, or if you play files higher than 24bit which tis sound card cannot do anyway.
Yeah, using the PC volume isn't a problem...sound quality is fine. But without digital attenuation, it's audibly better. I'd like to stick with this route if at all possible.

First, I would cut somehow the grounding wire of your pre-amp temporarily (e.g. by using the ungrounded socket) to confirm the ground loop between your PC and pre-amp is the culprit.

Okay...and by this you mean also, that the ground on the preamp isn't still connected to the ground on the PC/amps, (thru the powerbar for example) not just disconnecting the ground from the bond at the outlet? i.e. pull the grounding pin from the preamp cable?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.