Looking for a simple customizable raspberry audio player

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking for a simple audio player interface for the raspberry pi, which can be used together with the raspberry touchscreen. Ideally I would like to customize it.
I've found KWEB suite but I miss a progress bar. Moode player is an option, but has too many options which I can't disable.

Anybody?

In a week or two I hope to release file playback functionality for my own audio player which currently has only web radio functionality:
https://github.com/project-owner/PeppyPlayers.doc/wiki
It's UI on top of 'mpd' or 'mplayer'. It's intended to work with small screens including touchscreens.

You can customize player using configuration file or if you are familiar with Python you can change the code. For example if you want to add a progress bar :)

In a week or two I hope to release file playback functionality for my own audio player which currently has only web radio functionality:
https://github.com/project-owner/PeppyPlayers.doc/wiki
It's UI on top of 'mpd' or 'mplayer'. It's intended to work with small screens including touchscreens.

You can customize player using configuration file or if you are familiar with Python you can change the code. For example if you want to add a progress bar :)

Interesting! is adding a progress bar not that difficult for someone who is not familiar with python? Do you have a preliminary overview?

Please clarify which progress bar do you mean? Is it for file browsing when you change folder or is it like track time elapsed or something else? To add progress bar to UI on which I'm working you need to know Python (general features, threading) and Pygame. So it's not for novice users.

Please clarify which progress bar do you mean? Is it for file browsing when you change folder or is it like track time elapsed or something else? To add progress bar to UI on which I'm working you need to know Python (general features, threading) and Pygame. So it's not for novice users.
I mean the time elapsed information. Are you able to add this functionality?

I mean the time elapsed information. Are you able to add this functionality?

It will be there as a traditional time slider. Here is the screenshot (resolution 320x240):

playback-1.png

Great! Last question; what about a playlist view?

I started implementation for playlists (m3u, cue) but realized that I'll not be able to release it in March which is my current goal. There is a feature which automatically starts playing next track/file when the track ends. That partly eliminates the need in playlist. Though that assumes that each track should be a separate file.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.