ES9018K2M, ES9028Q2M, 9038Q2M DSD/I2S DAC HATs for Raspberry Pi

Ian, any chance you will do a dac board using the AKM dacs like the AK4493 or AK4497? They can work with your transformer out board with a little tweak and a bit more musical sounding than the ESS dac.

As long as I have time:D.

Since we already have FifoPi, there will be no longer any problem to design all these kind of DAC(need MCLK) HATs for RPi.

Regards,
Ian

I am also interested in AK449x dac, they are very musical sounding, and almost no dacs are out with this IC
If you're looking for a RaspPi HAT look here. Out of the box, this is an impressive sounding piece of kit. One of my favorites, and I've tried many of the DAC HATs. It's based on the 4490, so not the latest. But, sweet and smooth. Just a very rich and detailed presentation. SACD files offer a real sonic treat! I use with an analog PSU.

Last edited:
If you're looking for a RaspPi HAT look here. Out of the box, this is an impressive sounding piece of kit. One of my favorites, and I've tried many of the DAC HATs. It's based on the 4490, so not the latest. But, sweet and smooth. Just a very rich and detailed presentation. SACD files offer a real sonic treat! I use with an analog PSU.

YEN25,000 = AU$318 = EURO222 = £176 = US$226 plus the packaging, transport, customs & sales tax (on top) will push the price of this board well over the cost of a Katana kit... and this is before considering a comparison between the Terra-BerryDAC2 + and the Katana.

@Deenoo

Please find the user's manual of ESS controller here for more details:
GitHub - iancanada/DocumentDownload: Download documents of Ian's products

Many other user's manuals such as ESS9038Q2M dual mono DAC HAT and ES9028Q2M DAC HAT are updated there. Please check.

Good weekend.
Ian
@Ian
I have read and I found only these: To enable S/PDIF receiving, PIN1 of jumper switch S2 needs to be switched to “ON”.
That's all or could you add something else?
THX! Dee