Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

ES9018K2M, ES9028Q2M, 9038Q2M DSD/I2S DAC HATs for Raspberry Pi
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th February 2019, 11:31 PM   #741
iancanada is offline iancanada  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deenoo View Post
@Ian
I have read and I found only these: To enable S/PDIF receiving, PIN1 of jumper switch S2 needs to be switched to “ON”.
That's all or could you add something else?
THX! Dee
That's all.

Good weekend.
Ian
Old 4th March 2019, 01:12 AM   #742
ofswitched is offline ofswitched  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

In theory, in a single ESS chip inside, the two channels may also cause jitter in a different time, resulting in poor listening. In contrast, if two ESS chips are used, jitter in the different time will only be more serious, making the sound more confusing, so that Dual Mono is not a good design. Many brands of DACs do not use Dual Mono, of course not because ESS chip is too expensive to afford. The data is not necessarily beautiful, I hope the next version can only use a single ESS chip, but it is better to listen.
Old 4th March 2019, 01:35 AM   #743
iancanada is offline iancanada  Canada
diyAudio Member

@ofswitched

I understood what you are concern about. But I think it really doesn't make sense.

DAC in mono block configuration improves the over all performance but doesn't introduce additive jitter as long as using same MCLK source.

I designed the single ES9038Q2M DAC as the first generation. But found some issue by comparing with my other DAC HAT. That's why I re-designed this ES9038Q2M dual mono DAC HAT as the second generation. If you ask me which is better, I can tell you that I'm really happy with the new dual mono one.

A lot of high-end DACs use dual mono configuration. They based on the same principle. if you want to know more about the principle, you can search my previous posts.

Regards,
Ian
Old 7th March 2019, 07:22 AM   #744
ofswitched is offline ofswitched  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iancanada View Post
@ofswitched

I understood what you are concern about. But I think it really doesn't make sense.

DAC in mono block configuration improves the over all performance but doesn't introduce additive jitter as long as using same MCLK source.

I designed the single ES9038Q2M DAC as the first generation. But found some issue by comparing with my other DAC HAT. That's why I re-designed this ES9038Q2M dual mono DAC HAT as the second generation. If you ask me which is better, I can tell you that I'm really happy with the new dual mono one.

A lot of high-end DACs use dual mono configuration. They based on the same principle. if you want to know more about the principle, you can search my previous posts.

Regards,
Ian
Thank you for your reply, but I can't find your previous posts, so you can explain further it doesn't introduce additive jitter as long as using same MCLK source?

Last edited by ofswitched; 7th March 2019 at 07:25 AM.
Old 13th March 2019, 08:35 AM   #745
copper31 is offline copper31
diyAudio Member

Ian, would you please share with us the SQ difference between Dual Mono ES9038Q2M and ES9028Q2M ? Thanks!
Old 16th March 2019, 06:16 PM   #746
paoloilpizzo is offline paoloilpizzo  Italy
diyAudio Member

Hi Ian,
I'm very interested in using your Transformer I/V PCB mini KIT with LL1544A Transformers.
My doubt is: do I have to pay attention to the input impedence of my Amplifier ?
I understand that using these trasformers the output impedence is higher the the "standard" OPA board.
May I have an impedence problem ?
Which is the output impedence using your Dual Mono ES9038Q2M DAC HAT with the transformer KIT with LL1544A Transformers ?

ES9018K2M, ES9028Q2M, 9038Q2M DSD/I2S DAC HATs for Raspberry PiHide this!Advertise here!