Bluetooth or WiFi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Although I still listen to Vinyl and CD, I am loading all of my CD'S to my Samsung tablet, more for background music than serious listening. Anyway, I want to link this to my HiFi either via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. Which would be best? Once I have decided, I will buy a reasonable Bluetooth or Wi-Fi receiver to connect to my Marantz amp. Thanks.

For a single device like your tablet i would choose bluetooth . I test a lot of bluetooth enabled speakers/ headsets etc sent to me by sellers on a well known shopping site and even the cheap stuff gives good performance now compared to a few years ago assuming of course that the tab is going to be fairly close .
Another option would be a decent 3.5 mm jack - twin rca lead fed from the headphone socket if the tab is static which would potentially be the most secure signal.

Different purpose, different market.

Bluetooth and aptx is for low latency, for playing games and video (like watching on the phone and streaming the sound elsewhere)
Drawback is sound quality is horrendous

WiFi can provide perfect sound quality, but latency is horrendous

Bluetooth comes with an audio streaming protocol which makes it platform/device independant. Soundwise it might suck, but marketwise, it's rock solid and trouble free within working limits.

Wifi is not specifically an audio streaming medium, nor comes with any audio streaming protocol, which makes its use wifi dependant of specific adhoc protocols, like Airplay or DLNA, etc... Depending on implementation ( wifi network itself, airplay (hacked?) quality, dlna implemetation, etc...), wifi audio can easily work worse than BT.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.