PC As Active Crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Audiolense XO, works fine for my 4-way DIY setup.

505960d1535047300-bergfinns-tukle-hja-rne-img_20180823_195136.jpg

Nice speaker!
How do you like the TM1201 in this configuration?

I use the 8 channels of a 7.1 usb sound device plugged into a raspberry pi B+,with a stereo 4-way crossover I wrote as a LADSPA plugin. I run the mpd player on the raspberry pi, with the music stored as flac files on a usb flash drive plugged into the pi. I control the pi through some pushbuttons wired to GPIO pins (next/previous/pause/shutdown commands). I built two 4-channel stepped attenuators for volume control, and a simple 8-channel preamp with gain adjustment on each channel. Overall cheap and sounds nice. Currently I have this setup running in my truck.

Tried Equalizer APO Yesterday, but with a multiple wav file, or even a mono one, the APO doesnt seem to manage to send the audio to the right outputs of my focusrite scarlett 18i20 3gen, read that this was because APO used windows internal driver, and not asio. Is there a way around this, or can i configure the focusrite scarletts different outputs as surround channels, so that the audio is sent right.

Tried Equalizer APO Yesterday, but with a multiple wav file, or even a mono one, the APO doesnt seem to manage to send the audio to the right outputs of my focusrite scarlett 18i20 3gen, read that this was because APO used windows internal driver, and not asio. Is there a way around this, or can i configure the focusrite scarletts different outputs as surround channels, so that the audio is sent right.

You ll need a multichannel mode output from you soundcard.
All basic consumer soundcard have but pro ones often use several stereo output only (which is not a problem for their purpose : mix on DAW)
I went with RME just for that

Can you recommend a particular sound card/multichannel dac?

I would suggest the ASUS Essence STX II 7.1 channel card if you can find one. This is what I have and it is the best sounding sound card I've ever owned. One cool thing about this card is it comes with several OP amps that you can change out and experiment with. ASUS actually encourages it. All of the OP amps are mounted to the card with sockets so you just use the pliers that come with the card to interchange them.

The only problem is I'm not sure if they make them still. You would have to check their web site. They also offer some really good USB sound cards as well.

One other thing is the card lets you load different drivers for it. ASIO included.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.