PC As Active Crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I use that guide as well. Any Vst host or DAW can be used in combination with some sort of routing (there are several solutions).

Important to me is that I can the software starts up correctly with the correct settings.

Vsthost can do that. I have also tried Minihost, but that wil not load automatically the settings. You have to do that manually at every restart.

I use that guide as well. Any Vst host or DAW can be used in combination with some sort of routing (there are several solutions).

Important to me is that I can the software starts up correctly with the correct settings.

Vsthost can do that. I have also tried Minihost, but that wil not load automatically the settings. You have to do that manually at every restart.

What routing solution do you use? Does that also start up automatically with windows?

Thanks for the help!

Go to the headline ASIO software

in this link

Windows PC as a FIR Audio Processor

It will explain most.

Hifi Cable can directly put it self in the start function.
VSThost you have to put in manually (not hard - method depends on you windows version)

You also have to tell VST host to remember settings (again not hard, you just need to know how)

Instead of convolver VST I use two stereo eq's to make a two-way speaker system.

Last edited:
So, does anyone have a working, real-time, system wide active xover running from their PC, not through jriver?

I'm flabbergasted that there isn't a single guide to completing this task anywhere on the internet.

there have been some guides posted but I use a dedicated linux pc with brutefir controlling everything.

I use rephase to create the xo filters and upload or edit remotely using ssh.

so that means the computer never has any keyboard or monitor attached. i log in remotely from time to time if needed.

I use debian 8 jessie in command line only mode. from power on button push to running commands is less than 24 secs

My system uses an "OrangePi +", no keyboard, no monitor. Ubuntu Linux. It uses under 10 watts, so I just leave it on all the time. It takes about 30 seconds to boot, if I reboot it. I use 6 of the 7.1 outputs on my USB sound "card", sub out, main out, remote full-range out. It has plenty of computing power to handle all this.

Audiolense XO, works fine for my 4-way DIY setup.

505960d1535047300-bergfinns-tukle-hja-rne-img_20180823_195136.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.