Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

PC As Active Crossover
PC As Active Crossover
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st June 2016, 05:00 PM   #11
tomchr is offline tomchr  Canada
diyAudio Member

Reaper with the ReaEQ plugin works well: www.reaper.fm

Tom
Old 21st June 2016, 05:25 PM   #12
vladimirb0b is offline vladimirb0b  United States
diyAudio Member

Can you recommend a particular sound card/multichannel dac?
Old 21st June 2016, 05:29 PM   #13
jplesset is offline jplesset  United States
diyAudio Member

Hm. I admit that I got a cheap one off Amazon for $25. It's a simple USB 7.1 box. Sounds just fine to me. When I've looked at blind testing, most folks can't tell one from another, so I don't bother playing in the expensive electronics leagues. I can hear speaker differences, but never have been able to hear amps, sound cards, etc.
Old 21st June 2016, 05:38 PM   #14
samsagaz is offline samsagaz  Argentina
diyAudio Member

Oh i will trip to USA this week and will purchase two Raspberry
Old 21st June 2016, 05:43 PM   #15
jiiteepee is offline jiiteepee  Finland
diyAudio Member

If you mean for crossover use, integrated chip is good enough. It's common those have 8 output channels (maybe even separate DAC chip for each stereo pair (i.e. 4 DACs)). which allows build a 4-way crossover
Old 21st June 2016, 06:26 PM   #16
tomchr is offline tomchr  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladimirb0b View Post
Can you recommend a particular sound card/multichannel dac?
I'd recommend any of Focusrite's products. I've used the Saffire PRO24. Works great. It uses the better DACs from Cirrus (-106 dB THD as I recall) and the flagship Cirrus DAC CS4398 if I recall correctly for the headphone out.

I'm tempted to get one of the Scarlett series as they take USB input. The Saffire is FireWire.

Tom
Old 21st June 2016, 06:36 PM   #17
samsagaz is offline samsagaz  Argentina
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomchr View Post
I'd recommend any of Focusrite's products. I've used the Saffire PRO24. Works great. It uses the better DACs from Cirrus (-106 dB THD as I recall) and the flagship Cirrus DAC CS4398 if I recall correctly for the headphone out.

I'm tempted to get one of the Scarlett series as they take USB input. The Saffire is FireWire.

Tom
I see some goods reviews about Scarlett!

Offtopic:... Your sign/footer are nice, didnt know abt Modulus-86 Looks like will try to order some kit asap to test it
Old 22nd June 2016, 07:48 AM   #18
zarandok is offline zarandok  Austria
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiiteepee View Post
It would be just JRiver this and JRiver that then.
I do not understand your message...!?
I am fully statisfied with the sound quality of this program. Only the user interface should be better and some practical functions a little improved...
Old 22nd June 2016, 08:52 AM   #19
jiiteepee is offline jiiteepee  Finland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarandok View Post
I do not understand your message...!?
I am fully statisfied with the sound quality of this program. Only the user interface should be better and some practical functions a little improved...
IMO, system wide crossover system is the way to go. DSP features in JRiver are for JRiver only so using JRiver for crossover ties to use JRiver only (i.e JRiver this JRiver that).
Old 22nd June 2016, 09:36 AM   #20
zarandok is offline zarandok  Austria
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiiteepee View Post
IMO, system wide crossover system is the way to go. DSP features in JRiver are for JRiver only so using JRiver for crossover ties to use JRiver only (i.e JRiver this JRiver that).
Yes, you are right!
This is why I am using both, JRiver und EqAPO.
The first for listening quality music (ASIO), the last for common use e.g. system sounds, youtube, games so on (DirectSound)...

PC As Active CrossoverHide this!Advertise here!