Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Something cool for Raspberry Pi/ODROID: I2S/DSD isolator HAT with native DSD decoder
Something cool for Raspberry Pi/ODROID: I2S/DSD isolator HAT with native DSD decoder
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st August 2019, 10:11 AM   #411
simon dart is offline simon dart  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

@daansan

Try grounding the 0V of the Pi. Once the Pi and the audio chain don't have the same 0V reference (thanks to the isolator), all sorts of interesting things can happen... RF crawls everywhere.

Just try temporarily connecting the Pi USB connector shroud to something you know is earthed with a piece of wire and see if it solves your problem.

I have a USB lead that I hacked, connecting just the USB screen to a banana plug. The USB plugs into a spare port on the Pi. That then takes the Pi 0V to mains earth via a binding post on my mains conditioner for a more elegant solution.
Old 21st August 2019, 11:35 AM   #412
daansan is offline daansan
diyAudio Member

Thx @simon dart, will try this. Will have to wait though as i’m currently boarding a plane to go on vacation. Once i return i will check into your suggestion!
Old 4th September 2019, 10:38 AM   #413
daansan is offline daansan
diyAudio Member

Jus tested the grounding of the USB connector shroud and that did not make any difference.

I notice that when I lower the volume in LMS to almost zero I can hear sound.. The static noise increases when volume is increased.
It seems the sample rate is also of influence as was mentioned before, but I am expecting this device to support high sampling rates??

Makes any sense?

Last edited by daansan; 4th September 2019 at 10:57 AM.

Something cool for Raspberry Pi/ODROID: I2S/DSD isolator HAT with native DSD decoderHide this!Advertise here!