Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Something cool for Raspberry Pi/ODROID: I2S/DSD isolator HAT with native DSD decoder
Something cool for Raspberry Pi/ODROID: I2S/DSD isolator HAT with native DSD decoder
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st July 2018, 09:32 AM   #351
jonners is offline jonners  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

@Greg,

i'm not using such elaborate supplies as you (Who is?!). I have iFi iPowers to the RPi and Kali/DAC and an Aqvox linear supply to the Isolator. I thought the DAC without IsolatorPi and Kali was good but a little bit fatiguing to listen to, and maybe that shortcoming has not entirely gone away with my present setup.
I shall look forward to seeing what Ian's UCPi supply can do.

John
Old 5th August 2018, 04:50 AM   #352
DSG is offline DSG
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iancanada View Post
IsolatorPi II was tested working perfectly with 502DAC pro.

502DAC Pro is an audiophile grade DAC HAT. The sound quality is amazing. It has almost everything: PCM1792, master mode WM8804, S/PDIF output, balanced/se output, and LME49600 headphone amps. It's the best DAC for RPi so far I've ever listened.

It can benefit the most out of IsolatorPi II because it works in master clock mode. Clean isolated 5V DC power supply will power 502DAC Pro from the IsolatorPi II. 502 DACPro takes awesome current around 1A. Red/Yellow LED will be switching when music switches between 44.1/48KHz Fs groups.

But too bad it's been discontinued. Michael told me that price can not cover the cost. I think it's true.

Click the image to open in full size.
IsolatorPiIIand502DACpro
by Ian, on Flickr

Ian
Waiting so long! How about the order, please?
Old 6th August 2018, 09:33 AM   #353
ofswitched is offline ofswitched  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSG View Post
Waiting so long! How about the order, please?
More expectation, more disappointment!
Old 14th August 2018, 05:25 PM   #354
trung224 is offline trung224
diyAudio Member

Hello Ian,
I have a question about MC FIFO. Could the SPDIF Interface board work with MC FIFO as it did with FIFO/ FIFO II?
Old 14th August 2018, 06:02 PM   #355
iancanada is offline iancanada  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trung224 View Post
Hello Ian,
S/PDIF board works for FIFO/FIFO II only.

You can try third party standard S/PDIF board.

Regards,
Ian
Old 27th August 2018, 01:40 PM   #356
miklau is offline miklau  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Hi Ian

I have looked at your IsolatorPi and have a question if it could benefit my setup. I am using a COD DAC (PCM1794), Metronome ASRC Reclocker module (SRC4192) and dual power supply from Twisted Pear Audio(TPA). The I2S signal is feed from a RPI 3 through a selector switch.
The DAC is feed from the TPA dual low noise power supply (LM317) with one channel for the analog part and the other for the digital. The digital part is also supplying the ASRC module. The RPI has it own Chinese linear power supply from ebay.

Would you reckon that the IsolatorPi would improve my system and then use the Twisted Pear Audio PS instead?

Would it be possible to power the IsolatorPi with 7.5v DC (voltage of the PS from TPA) or would that increase the voltage to much for the LDO?

Would the Isolator I and II both work if I have attached buttons and a LCD to the GPIO?

I have attached a schematic of the power wiring. (I also have a analog stage (IVY) and a SPDIF module...)

Thanks in advance :-)

Regards Mikkel

Attachment 699901

Power supply Low Current Dual Power Supply (LCDPS) - A Dual Regulated CRC Supply
DAC: The COD - Current Ouput DAC
ASRC: The Metronome ASRC Module
Old 27th August 2018, 02:23 PM   #357
diyAudio Member

Here is the power wiring schematic again :-)
The OTTO is the I2S selector switch using a Omron relay and isolated from the PS.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg COD DAC power wiring.jpg (78.3 KB, 404 views)

Last edited by miklau; 27th August 2018 at 02:34 PM.
Old 15th September 2018, 06:46 AM   #358
hellokitty123 is offline hellokitty123  United States
diyAudio Member

When is the IsolatorPI II available for purchase?
Old 20th September 2018, 09:16 PM   #359
diyAudio Member

Hi Ian

I managed to get hold of a IsolatorPI from a fellow DIYaudio member. The board is very nice and have already installed it with great succes.

I have been messing a bit with the master/slave jumbers on the IsolatorPi. I can only get it to work in slave mode. I have connected the I2S signal to a SRC4192 ASRC module from Twisted Pear(Metronome). The board is set to output master mode at 256fs. That signal is passed on to a PCM1794a COD DAC also from Twisted Pear.
Maybe i have misunderstood the Master/slave idea but do you know why the master jumper setting is not working?

Thanks in advance

Btw: Your new FifoPi looks really good! That could be the newt upgrade

Last edited by miklau; 20th September 2018 at 09:18 PM.
Old 20th September 2018, 09:48 PM   #360
jonners is offline jonners  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

@miklau

I don't think anything's wrong. The SRC4192 is presumably slave to the RPi but master to the PCM1794, so 'slave' mode for the IsolatorPI is correct.

Something cool for Raspberry Pi/ODROID: I2S/DSD isolator HAT with native DSD decoderHide this!Advertise here!