PeppyMeter

I am glad the problem is solved. Useful to learn that the RPi headphone and HDMI alsa devices feature the hardware streams mixer.

Still I do not understand what made moode open the peppyalsa output device along with the "ALSA default" one while keeping the other devices intact. For that a full mpd.log would be needed to see all commands mpd received, not just the tail -f snippet.

Hello Phofman,
herewith enclosed, please find the last test for a system without DAC. Log was cleared before a restart, then a little of music, a long pause and then music again.
Please let me know if you would like similar log on a system with a DAC.
thanks and regards,
Francesco

Attachments

• peppyalsa - 06_no DAC - ALSA Through PEPPY - OK.zip
    9.2 KB · Views: 94
Hi Francesco,

Very well done!
I'm planning to make new releases for the peppyalsa, PeppyMeter and Peppy Player. The release for the meter will include ability to define the meters which you want to show using comma separate string with meter names. Also I'll center the meter on screen if the screen resolution is larger than the meter resolution. I can also add the ability to call the external script when you touch the screen (in case of touchscreen). Do you think it can be helpful for switching screens?

Best regards

Hello rpi, how are you?
I have 3 point stili open:
1. You mentioned about the possibility to integrate the double buffer modification; that could avoid the need to edit the .php file.
2. To run what you saw in the video, I had to create a service that run peppymeter with the command "sudo python3 peppymeter.py" not with the "openvt": it take the output target from the config.txt (fb0 or fb1)... it could be interesting to know the meaning of all the other fields in the config.txt.
3. I still have the problem to run in an other display different from the touch-screen. It is possibile to run only I have 2 HDMI display. Probably a moOde environment issue.

Your proposals are very good, for example I could avoid the second button to stop the service, using the touch-screen.
Thanks for the compliments and best regards,
Francesco

Thanks rpi,
I know very well the Wiki but i meant the section [sdl.env] that I haven't find anything.
Related to the point 3: playing with 2 HDMI screen (and configuring them) and modifying the framebuffer.device to fb1 in the config.txt, I reach to have on a screen the moOde GUI and on the other screen the PeppyMeter VUmeter. I am not able to do it, in the same maner, with the rpi touch-screen on the display port and 1 HDMI screen.
Thank you very much again and best regards,
Francesco

Hi rpi,
I have another issue, that you probably know, that could be taken care: it has been suggested from a member of moode forum.
That "libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile" message is just that, a warning. It can be ignored or if it really bothers someone they can edit the image files to remove the offending color profile. Somebody used a utility in the ImageMagick toolbox. Consult your favorite search engine:It seems that some images, created from another tool, are not fully compliant with the raspberry lib's.it is enough to take away old chunks from the images with that tool.

Last edited:
The new PeppyMeter version was released today:
GitHub - project-owner/PeppyMeter: PeppyMeter Repository

• Now the meters to display can be defined as a comma separated names
  • It's possible to enable/disable Double Buffering in the configuration file
PeppyMeter can be used as a stand-alone application. Here are the project wiki pages:
Home * project-owner/PeppyMeter.doc Wiki * GitHub

The PeppyMeter runs as a screensaver in the Peppy Player. It can be also integrated into another players such as Volumio and moOde.

Here are the Volumio examples Volumio

a61df394554fcd512d6928cdff2fadfc2d863a73_2_690x459.jpeg

823492a62165cbf4df1420d88f81a936d23dae87_2_690x459.jpeg

43721e6faa5500590653c6b202224ac45ede586a_2_690x388.jpeg

Hello rpi,
very good job. I have tested it in the moOde environment it is perfectly running with the "double.buffer = False".
The only thing I noticed is that the last link to Volumio has an issue:
"Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private".
Thanks a lot and best regards,
Francesco
P.S. I have already modified the procedure to integrate PeppyMeter in the moOde environment: GitHub - FdeAlexa/PeppyMeter_and_moOde: How to integrate PeppyMeter, a software VU Meter, in the moOde environment.