PeppyMeter

I see that myfifo is created automatically . but again it does not working .. I am on blue meter . Myfifo is written .
yes I have restart whole system . What do you mean by start the meter manually or automatically ? I started with openvt -s . I also tried to started wth openvt -w -s but when I press Ctrl+C only the script is stopping without also changhing the UI back to Volumio.
If the script is running and I change the meter type and press again openvt the scripts does not change to the selected meter type
Thanks

I have added in mpd.conf:;
Code:
audio_output {
        type            "fifo"
        name            "myfifo"
        path            "/tmp/myfifo"
        format          "44100:16:2"
}
save and close then I deleted , perform a reboot and now it is working .
Now I am curios if I perfom a reboot what it is happening .
but the most annoying part is that I can not kill the peppymeter and going bsck to volumiio UI without a reboot or changing the meter type without perfofming a reboot
I do not know if make sense what I said
A volumio user suggested to use dealocvt command asfter killing the script
Regards

Last edited:
You don't need to define fifo in the mpd.conf. You are asking mpd to output PCM signal to the same fifo used by the peppyalsa. This is wrong. Only peppyalsa should send the signal to the fifo.

I have not used deallocvt before but it can probably help. You can try.

Best regards

I have a Synology NAS. I could access the files but nothing was plaiyed. Start play and nothing . Could the config made in MPD.conf influence this ? Before installing the plugin I know that it worked I have deleted the share and share again but noq I can not mount it . :( I receive this error : On Server side I do not touch anything :
Code:
Dec 01 20:23:02 volumio volumio[1039]: info: Adding a new share
Dec 01 20:23:02 volumio volumio[1039]: info: No correspondence found in configuration for share Synology on IP 192.168.1.151
Dec 01 20:23:02 volumio sudo[3345]: volumio : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/mount -t nfs -o ro,soft,noauto 192.168.1.151:/volume1/Music /mnt/NAS/Synology
Dec 01 20:23:02 volumio sudo[3345]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
Dec 01 20:23:02 volumio sudo[3345]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session closed for user root
Dec 01 20:23:02 volumio volumio[1039]: info: Error mounting Synology on IP 192.168.1.151 : exec error Error: Command failed: /usr/bin/sudo /bin/mount -t nfs -o ro,soft,noauto ‘192.168.1.151:/volume1/Music’ ‘/mnt/NAS/Synology’
Dec 01 20:23:02 volumio volumio[1039]: mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting 192.168.1.151:/volume1/Music

Thanks

Hi again ,

I have managed to mount the synology nas using cifs shares.
On my server I have a few DSD files. Before installing the peppymeter playing those files resulted in a showing on DAc display 5.6 MHZ DSD . But now it is displaying 705.6 PCM .
Could be this the reason :
Code:
audio_output {
                type            "alsa"
                name            "peppyalsa"
                device          "peppyalsa"
                dop                     "no"

Changing the above conf in mpd.conf affect the audio quality ? meaning that some files are limited ..?

regards

Hi,

The author if that Quarantine player faced the same issue with DSD files. The workaround he is using is to define two outputs in the mpd.conf file. One is for DAC and the other for the PeppyMeter. Here is his message:

My solution is to configure mpd.conf with 2 Alsa devices .
One is direct to my external DSD DAC, while the other goes to peppyalsa.
In asound.conf I configured the peppyalsa slave as my internal dac or even the pi headphones which not support did at all.

So when playing dsd file (even 256!) the mid send it to my DAC and play it as 256DSD , on the other because the other dac is not support DSD, MPD converts it to PCM

mpd.conf

audio_output {
type "alsa"
name "peppyalsa"
device "peppyalsa"
dop "yes"
}
audio_output {
type "alsa"
name "alsa"
device "hw:5,0"
dop "no"
}

asound.conf

ctl.!default {
type hw
card 2
}

pcm.peppyalsa {
type meter
slave.pcm "hw:2,0"
scopes.0 peppyalsa
}

pcm.softvol_and_peppyalsa {
type softvol
slave.pcm "peppyalsa"
control {
name "PCM"
card 2
}
}

You can contact him if you will face any issue with this approach.
Best regards