Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

wtfplay project - Linux based PC playback system
wtfplay project - Linux based PC playback system
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th October 2017, 09:46 PM   #151
franz159 is offline franz159
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by franz159 View Post
Thank you! This seems really straightforward. I will try tonight...

franz
Sorry for quoting myself.... I tried, but I couldn't make it work, even after attempting with various different combinations for "set gfxpayload=..."

I will continue using my glasses for the moment being!
Old 14th November 2017, 07:37 AM   #152
AT73 is offline AT73
diyAudio Member

Default Reporting

Hi frd_. Wtfplay is great, I love everything that's minimal, congratulations on the project, and thank you for sharing your work with us enthusiasts!
I would like to ask you if you could implement shortcuts in the coming versions to turn off the monitor completely! (it would be very useful in notebook)
a good thing would be to prevent the sleep of the display from which awakening is sometimes complicated (better if reproduction always stays in the foreground)
I would also like to point out a bug: during boot, Wtfplay, a few times, my dac (DENAFRIPS ARES - Amanero) is triggered by a fake impulse, in which I read on the dsd x 8 display, and the sound coming out of the loudspeakers, is that of a fm radio that does not find the station, to stop it, I have to send a file in play, and then press Q to stop it and go back to silence.
Thanks for your attention
Greetings
Anto

Last edited by AT73; 14th November 2017 at 07:58 AM.
Old 15th November 2017, 02:21 PM   #153
frd__ is offline frd__  Poland
diyAudio Member

Thanks Anto. I replied via email. Cheers, F
Old 15th November 2017, 09:01 PM   #154
AT73 is offline AT73
diyAudio Member

Thank you
Old 17th January 2018, 01:43 PM   #155
LHifi is offline LHifi
diyAudio Member

Hello,
I would like to install Wtfplay to a local hard disk Partition, and not to a whole hard drive, because I would like to preserve the other partitions, and the actual Grub configuration.

The manual states that the installation using DD command can be done only to a whoole hard disk. (dd if=wtfplay-live-0.4.1-core2.iso of=/dev/sdc bs=4M)

Do anyone know if there is a way to do it?
Old 17th January 2018, 02:00 PM   #156
globalplayer is offline globalplayer  Germany
diyAudio Member

"/dev/sdc" is an example of your target partition.
To list your partitions use the "fdisk -l" command.
l as in list.
Just replace "/dev/sdc" with your actual target partition if it is different.
And you might want to tell your specific bootloader about the new bootable partition.
Old 17th January 2018, 02:09 PM   #157
LHifi is offline LHifi
diyAudio Member

"/dev/sdc" should be an entire Hard disk, a partition is something like "/dev/sdc1" or "/dev/sdc2"
Old 17th January 2018, 02:27 PM   #158
globalplayer is offline globalplayer  Germany
diyAudio Member

Yes.
Old 27th January 2018, 12:36 AM   #159
AT73 is offline AT73
diyAudio Member

Hi everyone, does anyone know when the new version will be released?
Greetings
Anto
Old 8th February 2018, 04:54 PM   #160
a3cervo is offline a3cervo  Philippines
diyAudio Member

I chanced upon this player by accident,the xmos card of my usb dac died a week ago. I need music while working but I can’t seem to find a compatible software for the built in realtek sound device of my audio pc. I was browsing here and decided to give this a try and boy was i surprised! I have used and tweaked a lot of players both for mac & pc over the years,from Amarra,Audirvana, JRMC,JPlay to HQPlayer,Bughead Emperor etc and I must say this has the blackest background among all of them. The details is astonishing and I’m just using the built in ALC1150 in my mobo.

To frd_ you have done a great job on this! I dont mind the basic interface, the keyboard shortcuts are very easy to remember. Don’t stray from prioritizing SQ over other features. Congrats!

Last edited by a3cervo; 8th February 2018 at 05:09 PM.

wtfplay project - Linux based PC playback systemHide this!Advertise here!