BruteFIR setup for windows?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I thought that different processing for each channel (eq or fir) was the goal here. I was assuming that the DRC or EQ solution was unique to each channel hence the split, process and merge. Otherwise the same SoX effect or LADSPA plugin would be applied uniformly to an entire set of channels by default.

No, foobar for instance allows a stereo fir, so stereo in and apply different fir's to each channel and pass stereo out. The application of effects as mono is not an inherent limitation. A stereo pipe simply has left right alternating. This is a SoX limitation by their particular implementation.

But then how many channels should the new effect support?. A stereo FIR has the same issue being applied to a 5 channel system? Having mono effects allows them to be applied, individually, to any number of channels. The problem is the SOX FIR effect does not seem to accept a piped input, otherwise it would be OK just like the LAPDSA or other built in effects.

But then how many channels should the new effect support?. A stereo FIR has the same issue being applied to a 5 channel system? Having mono effects allows them to be applied, individually, to any number of channels. The problem is the SOX FIR effect does not seem to accept a piped input, otherwise it would be OK just like the LAPDSA or other built in effects.

Correct, you are thinking a completely general tool. I figure a two channel tool by itself would be useful to a lot of people. The issue of writing a plug-in vs a special version of the basic package has its own problems. The OP wanted a cross platform solution.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.