Interrupt Linux Music Server

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Most of us using Raspberry Pi, Cubietruck and other machine under Linux do in use headless,in that event it can be good shutdown material parts unused Ex.LCD,USB port,Wi-fi,bluetooth,this saves processor time (Interrupt)and energy consumption,this is a real headless music server.
For me with the Cubitruck in I2S (without hard disk) or i turned off all but I2S and ethernet,i went of 550 Ma at startup then around of 300-350 ma working and after changing i went around 350 Ma at startup and 200-220 Ma working.

For that you have to edit the script.bin locate in boot file of your system,a simple way to work the edition of linux files is to do it with Mobaxterm Sftp session,you have a GUI gui70 partagé sur ZimageZ
Now you need to edit the script.bin,for Cubietruck the file to edite is ct-hdmi.bin cubi1 partagé sur ZimageZ for that do so Tutoriel : Activer la sortie Video analogique sur le BananaPi - BananaPI en France ,editable part of the Fex file Fex Guide - linux-sunxi.org

Processor interruption before modification sanstitrea013eb3f000975d41bd17cf6ef5b2165 partagé sur ZimageZ and after after22 partagé sur ZimageZ

I do the same since quite some time on my Cubitruck.

Beside lower power consumption, lower latencies, the CT IMO does sound better doing so.

You can also assign certain interrupts (e.g. your active USB or your ethernet port) and/or processes (playback software) to the 2nd processor.

However. E.g. ARCH Linux comes now with the MainlineKernel. No more fexfiles to adjust. Beside that drivers are still missing. With the Mainline kernel they switched from fex to device tree blobs (.dtb/.dts). The new stuff is more difficult to handle then good old fex. It's not a 1to1 conversion.

Enjoy.

Yes soundcheck sound better.I use I2S on Cubie,but the connectors on Cubietruck for a connection I2S are not ideal,at best is the good BIII adapter board of Ian on Cubie pin CN9,this is not ideal.
I will adapt MMCX connector on Odroid C1+ on the I2S pin (it's 2,54 mm step)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

this will make a connection MMCX to UFL proper,moreover this little board Odroid has good specifications.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.