Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Playing audio is one of the least intensive tasks a cpu can perform. Making random system changes to the linux kernel and CPU will do absolutely nothing to improve the audio quality. You have a quad core CPU with a multi-tasking operating system, the cpu will be twiddling it thumbs waiting for something todo.

Last edited:
Just a quick update. I’ve installed the github sound tweaks in Moode 4.4. Maybe it’s just placebo (i don’t have enough equipment to compare it at the same time) but I think that there’s a clear improvement in sound quality. What is real for sure is that it doesn’t sound worse wit the tweaks on. The truth is that the sound that Moode generates is fantastic. Very clear in all frequencies. Much better than volumio for example in my opinion. By the way is it possible to listen to youtube audio without having a phone/tablet/pc streaming it? Is youtube-dl working with moode? Many thanks!!

MOODE PLAYER SUPPORT SITE : http://moodeaudio.org/forum/index.php

Just a quick update. I’ve installed the github sound tweaks in Moode 4.4. Maybe it’s just placebo (i don’t have enough equipment to compare it at the same time) but I think that there’s a clear improvement in sound quality. What is real for sure is that it doesn’t sound worse wit the tweaks on. The truth is that the sound that Moode generates is fantastic. Very clear in all frequencies. Much better than volumio for example in my opinion. By the way is it possible to listen to youtube audio without having a phone/tablet/pc streaming it? Is youtube-dl working with moode? Many thanks!!

Why don't you post your findings and your questions in the MoOde Player SUPPORT SITE? Moode Forum

Issue with tracks in Spotify.

Hi,

I have built a music server for a friend over the weekend using the latest Pi 3+, a S/PDIF card from IqAudio and currently using the MoOde v.4.4

We’re having some issue with Spotify;

When using Spotify on my smartphone, everything is fine. The issue arise when it's connected through MoOde.

When using Spotify through MoOde 4.4 (Spotify function ON in the config menu) it seems that I can play ONLY one song. When I try choosing another song it doesn’t get selected in Spotify and after a short pause the first song starts over.

As far as I'm concern, my set-up is older (Pi 2+ with MoOde 3.1 using Airplay) and I don’t have this issue. Spotify and all feature work great.

Is this a known issue with MoOde 4.4 and is so is there a fix ?
If no fix exist, which version could we use so that it doesn’t have this issue ?

I tried using MoOde 3.1 on the newest Pi but nothing was working, it did not even start.

Thanks for everything, MoOde is great !!

BR
Eric

Hi,

I have built a music server for a friend over the weekend using the latest Pi 3+, a S/PDIF card from IqAudio and currently using the MoOde v.4.4

We’re having some issue with Spotify;

When using Spotify on my smartphone, everything is fine. The issue arise when it's connected through MoOde.

When using Spotify through MoOde 4.4 (Spotify function ON in the config menu) it seems that I can play ONLY one song. When I try choosing another song it doesn’t get selected in Spotify and after a short pause the first song starts over.

As far as I'm concern, my set-up is older (Pi 2+ with MoOde 3.1 using Airplay) and I don’t have this issue. Spotify and all feature work great.

Is this a known issue with MoOde 4.4 and is so is there a fix ?
If no fix exist, which version could we use so that it doesn’t have this issue ?

I tried using MoOde 3.1 on the newest Pi but nothing was working, it did not even start.

Thanks for everything, MoOde is great !!

BR
Eric

Hi Eric,

The Spotify bug is addressed in moOde 5 with a new version of librespot :)

-Tim

Playing audio is one of the least intensive tasks a cpu can perform. Making random system changes to the linux kernel and CPU will do absolutely nothing to improve the audio quality. You have a quad core CPU with a multi-tasking operating system, the cpu will be twiddling it thumbs waiting for something todo.

Nevertheless, I find that there are some differences.

Hi Tim and congratulations for this great DAP. Keep this good work!! I asked if there’s any way to listen YouTube audio without having a phone/pc/tablet always running streaming the audio to Moode. Maybe installing youtube-dl or anorher plugin. Also I want to know if it’s possible to try older moode versions. I’m interested in 3.8.4 version and compare its sound with the newer releases. Many thanks!

Hi Tim and congratulations for this great DAP. Keep this good work!! I asked if there’s any way to listen YouTube audio without having a phone/pc/tablet always running streaming the audio to Moode. Maybe installing youtube-dl or anorher plugin. Also I want to know if it’s possible to try older moode versions. I’m interested in 3.8.4 version and compare its sound with the newer releases. Many thanks!

Enable aipplay

Resolved Bluetooth Connection with PIN

I've just upgraded to v4 and so pleased that I did - many thanks for your continued endeavours Tim and for making this process easy.

One minor thing, I've tried Moode's Bluetooth configuration utility several times now but still haven’t succeeded in pairing my bluetooth dongle with anything. Moode seems be able to 'see' my bluetooth USB dongle and if, via the ssh console, I use the ‘lsusb’ command its listed as: ‘Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)’. Similarly, the android phone I’m trying to pair displays ‘Moode Bluetooth’, but when I click on this I’m asked to provide a pin, and this is my problem: I’ve tried all the default pin combinations I can think of (‘0000’, ’1111’ and ‘1234’ etc) - nothing works and as a result the pairing fails.

I’ve stumbled upon a suggestion that the pin could be set using the ‘bluetooth-agent’ command but have got it into my head this doesn’t work on Stretch Lite. Please, can anyone help..

I had a similar problem where I was prompted for a Pin when I was trying to connect "Moode Bluetooth" with my Android phone. The problem lies probably with the adapter on your pi. I got it solved by following these steps
1. Log in Moode through SSH using pi/moodeaudio cerdentials
2. sudo bluetoothctl
-- will gives access to bluetooth control
3. agent on
-- enables bluetooth
4. scan on
-- note the XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX address of the device/phone u want to pair
5. pair [device Bluetooth address]
eg pair e4:54:76:d4:33:65
6. On pompt of request Pincode, enter any 4 digit pin
7. Enter this same pin in your receiving device/phone
You will now see the device in paired list on moode bluez panel