Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

@Serverbaboon

Haven't tried Linn Kazoo, but did try the Lumin Android app against moOde as proxy Tidal mediaserver and Lumin fails in same way as BubbleUPnP.

Gaithered logs and also looked through the source-code tree. I see some curious things which may or may not be meaningful but I have to get off to weekend functions and won't be able to contribute more to the discussion unto (late?) tomorrow.

Regards,
Kent

I raised a ticket with the developer, I can repeat the error but the logging on my install seems to have an issue. (running latest git code). Uploaded some stuff from syslog.

Just installed the latest version of moode following the instructions from the website.
Only 1 thing is not working. The Library tab is blank. How can I trouble shoot it?

Thx.

Do your song files show up in the Browse panel? If so then Menu, Configure, Sources, RESET Library Cache

Note that the Library uses the Genre, Artist and Album tags. If any of these tags are missing from the song files the Library loader assigns the tag "Unknown".

The track should auto-scroll to the top third of the playlist after pressing the Playback tab or after a new track starts playing.
Yes, that happens for me. Here's my problem. I listen to mostly classical and the tracks can be long, 20-30 min sometimes. So I start something playing, go to browse to add something else, go back to playback and the current track is no longer centered. When the next track plays, yes it will center but that can be a long wait. So I'd like a quick way to center the current track.

Yes, that happens for me. Here's my problem. I listen to mostly classical and the tracks can be long, 20-30 min sometimes. So I start something playing, go to browse to add something else, go back to playback and the current track is no longer centered. When the next track plays, yes it will center but that can be a long wait. So I'd like a quick way to center the current track.

Click on the playback tab again and the current track will be centered.
Remy

CBC radio streams

Hello all,

I found a trove of CBC radio streams, for possible inclusion in the Radio listings, but I think only two of them are available from outside Canada.

They are the CBC Music channels, aka "Radio 2", one designated "Eastern" (Toronto) and the other "Pacific" (Vancouver) - I think they are mostly the same content, but with a 3 hour offset to reflect the different time zones.

Radio 2 is quite ecclectic in musical styles, anything from classical to contemporary and lots of Indi Rock/Pop to boot.

The signal is quite clean, with the bitdepth compensating somewhat for the lowish rate - the Audio Info gives this:
Encoded at: VBR compression
Decoded to: 24 bit, 44.1 kHz, Stereo
Rate: 128 kbps
If there is any interest, herewith are two *.pls files. (Note that I had to add ".txt" in order to upload, so remove the .txt extension to make them playable as playlist files).

Could a few of you from outside Canada test them to see if they do indeed work? If they are valid internationally, they might make their way into the list, if Tim and others officials feel they are worthy.

Regards,

Wibo

Attachments

• CBC Music Eastern Live.pls.txt
    185 bytes · Views: 50
  • CBC Music Pacific Live.pls.txt
    181 bytes · Views: 36
@ Tim / Meeboo

i want to add saavan service to Moode audio. how could this be done.

Hindi Party Songs, Bollywood Party Songs List, Indian Radio Station - free stream by saavan

saavan is something like a spotify

If you want to output Saavn to moOde, I think your only real option is to run the Saavn app on a rooted Android device with BubbleUPNP audio casting. This captures all audio on the Android device and sends it to the renderer of your choice, in this case moOde. Saavn has no API allowing others to write apps that connect to their platform, so I don't think you'll ever see it as a feature for moOde or any other audio player.

Hello all,

I found a trove of CBC radio streams, for possible inclusion in the Radio listings, but I think only two of them are available from outside Canada.

They are the CBC Music channels, aka "Radio 2", one designated "Eastern" (Toronto) and the other "Pacific" (Vancouver) - I think they are mostly the same content, but with a 3 hour offset to reflect the different time zones.

Radio 2 is quite ecclectic in musical styles, anything from classical to contemporary and lots of Indi Rock/Pop to boot.

The signal is quite clean, with the bitdepth compensating somewhat for the lowish rate - the Audio Info gives this:
Encoded at: VBR compression
Decoded to: 24 bit, 44.1 kHz, Stereo
Rate: 128 kbps
If there is any interest, herewith are two *.pls files. (Note that I had to add ".txt" in order to upload, so remove the .txt extension to make them playable as playlist files).

Could a few of you from outside Canada test them to see if they do indeed work? If they are valid internationally, they might make their way into the list, if Tim and others officials feel they are worthy.

Regards,

Wibo
Hi,
p { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; line-height: 120%; } I just opened pls files and can confirm both CBC stations are playable in Europe (Poland).
Greetings!

Regards,

Wibo

Hi Wibo, I can confirm they play here in NZ.

the direct links for adding to MoOde are....
1)CBC Music Eastern Live

http://cbc_r2_tor.akacast.akamaistream.net/7/364/451661/v1/rc.akacast.akamaistream.net/cbc_r2_tor

2)CBC 2 Pacific Live

http://cbc_r2_vcr.akacast.akamaistream.net/7/773/451661/v1/rc.akacast.akamaistream.net/cbc_r2_vcr

Last edited:
Hi Tim, I finally ironed out the wifi issues, although I couldn't tell you how exactly I did it.

I'm really enjoying the new user interface. I'm not sure if anyone has pointed out this issue yet, but the 'playback' interface in Chrome has an annoying bug that causes a scroll bar to appear and disappear on the right side of the window. I can't figure out how to attach a video example, but I can send via email if you like.

Seems like a workable strategy to me:)

With the RPi3B, keep in mind that some folks have seem mutual interference between the onboard WiFi and Bluetooth subsystems. YMMV.

In my living room I have to tuck my moOde hardware into a cabinet among other electronic devices and lots of cabling. Not a great environment for onboard wireless interfaces so I chose to use an RPi2B there with USB-WiFi and USB-Bluetooth adapters. They're brought out the rear of the cabinet on reasonably short USB-extension cables and separated from each other and from my Netflix USB-stick by about 1/2 meter. Works a charm with everything I've thrown at it.

I'm listening to streaming jazz-radio with it now as I fiddle with other stuff on an RPi3B on my workbench (which for some reason my significant other insists on calling the dining room table!).

Regards,
Kent

The Pi3 only has one wireless transmitter used for both WiFi and Bluetooth which seems to be time-sliced between functions and then you have tx/rx turnover - the worst case scenario is using BT speakers with content derived from a NAS over WiFi :)

The only time I use BT is for my cycling earphones and my stupid car stereo that allows me to attach my iPod via USB, but only talks to it over BT and only one device at a time, so phone calls ring on my phone, not on handsfree. Nasty piece of rubbish that came with the Toyota, it will be changed.

The chip that drives the Pi wireless is pretty good considering it’s power and all it has to do, but the engineering was always going to be a compromise shoehorning it into the Pi universe. I hope the Pi4 has an external sma connector and USB3.

I’m going to try a clone next - something that has grunt, modern connectivity and external antenna. Tried any Pi clones/alternatives Kent?

We’ve just moved and I have a dedicated office with BIG purpose-built computer desk with three monitors and a dedicated electronics workbench, as well as my new small cnc in the corner. Bliss!

Her indoors can just shut the door to put herself into her happy clutter-free place and I can leave stuff half-assembled without finding it all swept in a box. All I need to make it perfect is an AC unit.

Now, if I can only unpack all my stuff into a semblance of order, I will be happy 😃

After a month(!) waiting for internet hookup, it’s nice to be back on the net... time to upgrade all my Moode units finally.