Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Second attempt (I can imagine Beta4 is getting more attention):

Moode crash??

During playback (streaming from MacBook Pro to Raspberry Pi using Airplay) connection was broken when skipping to the next track (using Audirvana).

Couldn't connect to Moode using browser (not using IP number nor moode.local address) neither using ssh... So my conclusion was Moode software crashed on my RPI. Version 3.8.4

On step 2 - install core packages

Shouold it be mpc \bs2b-ladspa install of mpc \ bs2b-ladspa?
Same for the second \

sudo apt-get -y install rpi-update php-fpm nginx sqlite3 php-sqlite3 memcached php-memcache mpc \
bs2b-ladspa libbs2b0 libasound2-plugin-equal telnet automake sysstat squashfs-tools tcpdump shellinabox \
samba smbclient udisks-glue ntfs-3g exfat-fuse git inotify-tools libav-tools

Just enter the 3 lines at once, just as you wrote... then hit enter

Hi @Bigbear,

As @Jacq34 pointed out its really one long line. The \ is a line continuation marker thats used for readability. It tells BASH to read in the next line.
How to tell bash that the line continues on the next line - Stack Overflow.

You will also see this in the MPD compile section. Just highlight all the lines then copy/paste into cmd prompt.

-Tim

Second attempt (I can imagine Beta4 is getting more attention):

Moode crash??

During playback (streaming from MacBook Pro to Raspberry Pi using Airplay) connection was broken when skipping to the next track (using Audirvana).

Couldn't connect to Moode using browser (not using IP number nor moode.local address) neither using ssh... So my conclusion was Moode software crashed on my RPI. Version 3.8.4

Hi,

So what happened when you restarted?

-Tim

Thx Tim. I got 4.0Beta6 running on an old 'Pi 1 Model A' within 4 hours. The great recipe is working very good. Compiling the mpd is taking the most time. Only Step 2.2 (Insert the USB stick in a computer running Linux.) may need some skills for somebody, but most people own a Raspi already ;-). I think that Step 3 forward will work as a single script. Wlan-only-Pi-User should have a look at static IP in /etc/dhcpcd.conf.

Thank YOU

Wow! that must have taken like 2 hours to compile MPD on an A :-0

I'm sure the entire Recipe could be automated. My BASH skills are pretty basic so this a task for another coder.

-Tim

Tim,

Thanks you very much for your reply.

I checked all the conf file, they look normal, but the audio info is not, I don't see the output stream and the rate is 0. However, my phone is playing music using BT.

Hi,

You might want to try adding some flags to bluetoothd for example -C. Edit /lib/systemd/system/bluetooth.service, then sudo systemctl daemon-reload, then sudo systemctl restart bluetooth

/usr/lib/bluetooth/bluetoothd --help
Application Options:
-d, --debug=DEBUG Specify debug options to enable
-p, --plugin=NAME,.., Specify plugins to load
-P, --noplugin=NAME,... Specify plugins not to load
-C, --compat Provide deprecated command line interfaces
-E, --experimental Enable experimental interfaces
-n, --nodetach Run with logging in foreground
-v, --version Show version information and exit

Also try the Bluetooth packet sniffer. If it shows incoming packets, its a good indication the BT stack is functioning properly and thus isolate the problem to the audio config.

sudo btmon

-Tim

Hi,

There is a small in-place update for Beta 6 that upgrades it to Beta 7, probably the last Beta before production 4.0, which will also be an in-place update :)

This update fixes some permission issues, removes a bad fat-fingered directory, and has some minor code fixes and updates. It MUST be run from cmd line AND on an un-squashed /var/www !! It might complain about a missing templatesw# directory. This can be ignored. The browser title will revert to "moOde Player" after the update. Use System config to change it.

Also, just to be safe u might want to backup /var/www and /var/local/www directories before applying the update.

sudo /var/www/command/updater.sh r40b6

If u want to examine the update package and its installation script before installing it then run the cmds below.

wget http://moodeaudio.org/downloads/update-r40b6.zip
unzip update-r40b6.zip
cat ./update/install.sh

-Tim

May I ask, is there anyone successfully got the bluetooth streaming on moode 4.0 working?

If anyone succeed, I will try reinstall everything again.

Hi
Yes works with my pi zero w but had to retry the connection from my Huawei mobile a few times....
Go into the Audio Config
Turn on Bluetooth Speaker
Then 'CONFIGURE Bluetooth', Initialise, Run
Try pairing your device
Good luck

Well, I followed the Master Chef's recipe and I have Moode 4.0 Beta 7 playing - Thanks Tim! :wave:
Does this make me a 'Linux Enthusiast'? I think not, but if I can do it I reckon anyone can.
Question for Tim: Are the Advanced Kernels likely to be come available again in the future?

lol, definitely, you are now an official "Linux Enthusiast".

The adv kernels are a separate Source base. Well have to see whether they pop up again.

-Tim

Attachments

• linux penguins.png
    linux penguins.png
    566 KB · Views: 273
it says: -bash: shairport-sync: command not found

If you don't get the result below from the "which" cmd then maybe a missed step in the compile and install for shairport-sync.

pi@rp3:~ $ which shairport-sync
/usr/local/bin/shairport-sync

Just rerun the steps for component 4, and then afterwords the "which" command to confirm the binary exists. Then shairport-sync -V to verify the version.

pi@rp3:~ $ shairport-sync -V
3.1.3-OpenSSL-Avahi-ALSA-stdout-soxr-metadata-sysconfdir:/usr/local/etc

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//
// COMPONENT 4 - Shairport-sync
//
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

-Tim