Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Just done this today, on a Windows laptop using putty.

And I do mean today; like most of the day (usual user error, as usual :(:confused:)

Got a bit mislead, misremembered actually, by the posting, "use the stock raspbian-stretch-lite image and start from Step 4", forgot the important bit about doing the wget and file unzip :rolleyes: .

All went swimmingly until Step 8 when lots of files did not exist :eek:.

A lot of head scratching later, the light bulb went on :).

So, here is a precis:

1) Burn the stock stretch-lite image to a sd card (I used a 4gb card). Create the ssh file in the boot partition.

2) Start the pi with the card insitu and do the password thing (from Step 3)

3) Use raspi-config to expand the card.

4) From Step 3 do the wget and unzip of rel-stretch.zip

5) go to Step 4 and continue.

I now have a working image, tomorrow I'll top and tail the extra bits and bobs.

If I get chance at the weekend I'll connect a rpi3 with a full Stretch image, keyboard and monitor and try the USB stick thing. Or maybe not.

Hope this helps.

Hi Tim !!!
i just was only registering here for saying soo much thanks you for your wonderful,wonderful MoodeAudio !!
I´ve tried 3.5 a long time ago and it was so wonderful !!->the best "sound" ´ve ever had/heard on a RPI3 with an ES9028Q2M !!
I´ve also come here by the Dietpi-forum; also a great distro as u surely know..
so at the minute i try to set up this 4.0 Beta on a RPI3..
I really don´t know why other here have problems in changing the download-options/"distribution-way" ;-)..:
they only have to wait a few days and then there were enough "finished" (with Moode 4) distros available..
Also i would recommend to still keep your "Paypal-Button" on your site to honor for your wonderful work !!
Again, in the name of all "audiophiles" ;-), so many thx for your wonderful MoodeAudio->unbelievable ;-)
so, another thing idea/would be, if i then have finished here the Basic 4 Beta 6 on a RPI3 (toi,toi,toi->German Phrase ;-) ) ,should i make an image of this and upload it to somewhere for user to download it directly and post the link here or at the dietpi-forum ?
i think this 10$ donation can still be taking place..i see no problem with it; its for your wonderful work and not just only for this MoodeAudio..
so, many many thx again for your wonderful MoodeAudio and greets for now ;-)

Last edited:
Been trying this on a pi zero
Was going OK until I finished Step 9 and did a reboot, now the pi appears to have disappeared off the network??? :(
PS anybody else messing with a PI zero you can burn an image then copy an empty ssh file and a wpa_supplicant.conf with the ssid and password into the boot partition.....that bit worked well lol :deerman:

Hi Tim !!!
i just was only registering here for saying soo much thanks you for your wonderful,wonderful MoodeAudio !!
I´ve tried 3.5 a long time ago and it was so wonderful !!->the best "sound" ´ve ever had/heard on a RPI3 with an ES9028Q2M !!
I´ve also come here by the Dietpi-forum; also a great distro as u surely know..
so at the minute i try to set up this 4.0 Beta on a RPI3..
I really don´t know why other here have problems in changing the download-options/"distribution-way" ;-)..:
they only have to wait a few days and then there were enough "finished" (with Moode 4) distros available..
Also i would recommend to still keep your "Paypal-Button" on your site to honor for your wonderful work !!
Again, in the name of all "audiophiles" ;-), so many thx for your wonderful MoodeAudio->unbelievable ;-)
so, another thing idea/would be, if i then have finished here the Basic 4 Beta 6 on a RPI3 (toi,toi,toi->German Phrase ;-) ) ,should i make an image of this and upload it to somewhere for user to download it directly and post the link here or at the dietpi-forum ?
i think this 10$ donation can still be taking place..i see no problem with it; its for your wonderful work and not just only for this MoodeAudio..
so, many many thx again for your wonderful MoodeAudio and greets for now ;-)

Hi,

Maybe more than few days! Integrating moOde into another distro will take time and effort! Yes, there is a Donation button at moodeaudio.org :)

Your personally created image file contains 1000's of Copyrighted works including moOde Sources. Each are governed by various Licenses and distribution terms.

You are responsible for that file and for determining whether or not its permissible to redistribute it.

-Tim

sooo many thx for your quick answer !!!
this idea of making an image and upload was only a thought for/to help you..!! (i personally have no need to do it)..
i´m just at the minute "make" install the MPD-things..right now it just looks fine (toi,toi,toi) as said..
and i really cant believe that this "recipe" is without errors until now !!! (and is so straight-forward) ; it must have "cost" a lot of days to write and test/retest it !!!
so great, so many thx !! if nobody has something against it, i could post a "success !!" message here later (hopefully)(and maybe some remarks to help) ;-) !!
but again, so many thx "Tim" !! ;-)

Hi,

Yes, copy the .img file to a USB stick and then plug into a Linux box.

What version of Raspbian?
Can you post the error message returned after trying to run fdisk -l -o ... cmd?

-Tim
Hi Tim

I'm using the very latest version of Rasbian Jesse (Version 8). When you run the fdisk command it simply says "fdisk: invalid option -- 'o' " .

When you run the man fdisk command it is clear that the -o option is not there so you would not be able to use a RPI running this distro to do steps 1 to 3.

What I did discover was that an RPI running the latest bacic stretch lite distro does in fact have the -o option available in the fdisk function.

I am going to follow first three steps of the recipe using an RPI2b running stretch lite and report how it goes.

Hi all,

I did step1 and 2 on a fresh Debian 9 install on an old Laptop. As i'm no linux guru i have choosen automatic install. With that the user that is created automatically seems to have root rights, so i did have to leave out the "sudo's" in Step 2.

The rest of the receipe is working like a charm. The build is ready now.

First try was with Allo Kali and a Piano 2.1 on a PI3, where i also compiled the image - but no chance to get sound out of it.
Then i put the SD card in a PI2 with a cheap PiFi-DAC - working great and the parametric equalizer does a great job in flaten the sound of my small fullrange speakers in the bathroom. Ridiculous.

I hope MoOde will be soon integrated in DietPi or LibreElec, but would be very happy if it will stay possible to create the MoOde only with following updates and versions by using the great recipe.

Is there a chance to use the advanced kernels of beta5 in beta6 ?

Thank you, Tim for all the effort you did to give us this system. Must have been a lot of work to build this error free long recipe. Everthing is working perfect.

I also will donate today.

-Josef

Hmmm.

I downloaded moOde 4 beta and then ?
Where is the recipe ?
I found in this forum, that the recipe is under sources and the name of the recipe is not recipe, but i have to klick on "moOde 4 beta 6 Build" to get the recipe.

Maybe it will be easier to put the direct link for the recipe on the moOde frontpage ?

Tim, why it is not possible to create an installation script, which is doing exactly the same, as the recipe ? The user has to start start the script (after reading GPL) instead of doing the recipe ?

Or after booting Pi with downloaded image there will be a possibilty to reach Pi with the webbrowser and start the installation script with one click (after reading GPL or whatever), if the user has to start it, because You are not allowed to distribute complete images.

Anyway Tim, thanks for Your great work and hope for the good future of moOde. :)

Last edited: