Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Hi Mike,

Kodi is 100% Open Source and I would wager that many of the commercial entities redistributing Kodi with their devices are active contributors and donators. This is the classic community model that has been proven to work in many cases.

In my experience, reputable companies will respect each others licensing and copyright. Sure there are going to be abuses but generally there is integrity. Anyway, I'm not an IP cop so I just don't worry about it :)

Wrt cross-platform, if there is a business case for porting moOde to other platforms I would consider it but it would have to be compelling because porting would be a huge technical effort and it would introduce a significant support vector. Simply asking to have it ported won't go anywhere.

-Tim

I absolutely disagree.

Most of these devices coming out of the east have no relationship with Kodi other than downloading the code and burning it on their media player. They contribute nothing. Mostly they buy off-the-shelf basic boards with all the integration already done and find an appropriate firmware to burn on it - there are a ton of message boards in China and Taiwan set up for sharing such files.

They are parasites on the concept of open source.

There is no support, no documentation, no update other than what you can crib yourself.

Most of my career has been spent involved in eastern electronic manufacture, some of it chasing down such IP theft.

As to audio, some of the most blatant. Just ask the Australian DAC designer (forgotten his name) about how respectful they are of IP.

Go on to AliExpress and see how much piracy there is of proprietary designs.

Anyway, a subject fo4 a different thread...

I absolutely disagree.

Most of these devices coming out of the east have no relationship with Kodi other than downloading the code and burning it on their media player. They contribute nothing. Mostly they buy off-the-shelf basic boards with all the integration already done and find an appropriate firmware to burn on it - there are a ton of message boards in China and Taiwan set up for sharing such files.

They are parasites on the concept of open source.

There is no support, no documentation, no update other than what you can crib yourself.

Most of my career has been spent involved in eastern electronic manufacture, some of it chasing down such IP theft.

As to audio, some of the most blatant. Just ask the Australian DAC designer (forgotten his name) about how respectful they are of IP.

Go on to AliExpress and see how much piracy there is of proprietary designs.

Anyway, a subject fo4 a different thread...

Well of course all of that is true. No need to debate it. I'm only interested in reputable audio companies. The ones that want to cultivate a solid relationship and run great software on their audio devices.

-Tim

Hi Tim,

I have been using moode for a few months, and just wanted to let you know that the thing is just GOOD! After spending several weeks tweaking the software and the hardware, now I am just enjoying the music. I want to thank all those who helped with the scripts, especially "the old presbyope" and yourself.
I discovered today how easy it is to work with playlists. You modify or create a playlist, you save it with an existing playlist name, it will just silently replace the old one without complaining. I also like the fact that after scanning a source, initially it will show folders not containing music. After some time, those non music folders will just disappear like magic! That's cool! As for adding music to my moode usb drive, i discovered i can do it using windows explorer (I usually use only mac). Every thing work nicely, and i am just enjoying the music.

Remy

Hi! Tim,

I am using Moode Audio 3.84. Last week, I setup three windows directory on music folder and after it get updated, the library shows 0 media file. I try to re-install the OS/ update MPD functions. Finally, I found that the library shows 0 media file after the second music folder was updated.

The library was around 26000 music files in three music folders.

Would appreciated if you could advise for any workaround on the issue?

Thanks,

Adrian

Hi @bigbear2003,

Complex subject but the main diff is that basic Graphic EQ's are constant Q (fixed bandwidth) around a set of 10 frequency bands that are one octave apart while basic Parametric EQ's offer variable bandwidth around a set 3 or 4 variable frequency bands.

A basic parametric EQ is generally much more precise than a graphic EQ when adjusting a particular frequency band but its limited to 3 or 4 bands. Also both types of EQ produce the effect where adjustments in one frequency band affect adjacent bands. EQ is an art :)

There are also many professional hybred EQ's that go way beyond the basics.

-Tim

What is the difference between Graphic EQ (which I know) & Parametric EQ (which I dont know)? Thx.

Hi @bigbear2003,

Complex subject but the main diff is that basic Graphic EQ's are constant Q (fixed bandwidth) around a set of 10 frequency bands that are one octave apart while basic Parametric EQ's offer variable bandwidth around a set 3 or 4 variable frequency bands.

A basic parametric EQ is generally much more precise than a graphic EQ when adjusting a particular frequency band but its limited to 3 or 4 bands. Also both types of EQ produce the effect where adjustments in one frequency band affect adjacent bands. EQ is an art :)

There are also many professional hybred EQ's that go way beyond the basics.

-Tim

Difference Between a Graphic and a Parametric Equalizer

Hello moOdeaudio users (-:

I already posted on the computeraudiophile.com forum but it actually doesn't seem as active as this one...

My interrogation is : Is there a way to somehow control moOde Player/MPD through ssh or another type of inline commands ?
I'd like to be able to control moOde through a Jeedom domotics server which provides an efficient connexion to SSH enabled devices.

I haven't found any info on this through research but maybe I missed posts in the (996 pages of the) forum or a documentation entry. Or maybe it is simply not possible.

If someone can give me a hint on that, I'd be glad.

Does moOde player is bit perfect when software volume control and alsa eq is turned off ?

Hi,

All DSP has to be disabled and the audio device has to accept the sample rate being sent, then "bit-perfect" to the interface of the audio device.

- Volume control
- Resampling
- Volume normalization
- Replaygain
- EQ
- Crossfeed
- Crossfade

-Tim