Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Tested with all three kernels, the smoothest seem to be the LL-one but bass seem less controled.

Aiff, flac and aac streams, all present the above mentioned harshness. Particularly aac streams sound metallic which is not the case in 3.7.

How come, are kernel parameters different from 3.7?

Have you ever experienced the so-called 'sound signatures' from Rune Audio?

Hi,

Audio scrobbler not working is due to wrong config file format being used for the new version of mpdas. Fix will be in upcoming bugfix update.

Is the no cover art issue specific to particular audio format?

-Tim

Hi,

Very odd. There were no changes to the working code in cover art extractor in moOde 3.8, just an update to use newer versions of the default song and radio covers. My collection is all FLAC w/embedded art and no issues. Can never rule out a regression though...

To troubleshoot try the url below using one of the song files where cover art is not displayed. You can find the path to the song file in Audio info screen.

Start the song file playing and then from a fresh Browser window enter the url. Cover art image should be displayed in Browser.

http: //moode/coverart.php/PATH_TO_THE_SONGFILE

Example:

http: //moode/coverart.php/NAS/Music/Lee Ritenour/Rhythm Sessions/02 River Man.flac

-Tim

Hi.

I tried to display cover but the only result is the default image : 404 Not Found

I tried several tracks with the path provided in Audio Info.

By the way, all my covers are cover.jpg files in the album folder. Image is not embedded in flac files.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi,

Are u using FIFO or RR scheduler policy with the RT kernel?

-Tim

Hi Tim,

As I had been using RR in 3.7, I set to this in 3.8. I did some more tests and the TS scheduler works better it's very rare to hear the noise but it is still there, maybe every couple of tracks I will hear it.

As for the over all sound quality I like it better, with more depth and separation than in 3.7.

Thanks for the support,

:)

Hi Tim,

Just to add another data point. I am on my third reformat reload of moOde 3.8 and I too have experienced missing cover art. Each of the two previous times it was the same song files that are missing artwork. They are all FLAC files and they were all processed in exactly the same manner. I will check the coverart.php as you suggest one the current NAS Sources Update is finished. I find that 3.8 is much slower than 3.6 or 3.7 doing the update. It takes more than an hour, but I don't really know how much more as I go do something else while it is doing the update.

I also noticed a couple of other odd things.

- The keyboard is defaulted to: gb
- The layout is defaulted to: English(UK)
- I too had the problem with expanding the root file system

Cheers, Bryce.

Update:

I tried to display the coverart.php URL as you suggested. It displays moode/images/default-cover-v5.jpg.
I also tried this with a song that was displaying the cover art correctly and the coverart.php URL displayed the correct picture.

My experience is very similar. My collection is very mixed - m4a ripped by iTunes, flac, ape, and mp3 from a variety of sources over the years. The m4a files have embedded art and all display correctly AFAIK. The others generally have folder.jpg but no embedded art. I am not able to discern a pattern in the missing artwork for these files.

Hi.

I tried to display cover but the only result is the default image : 404 Not Found

I tried several tracks with the path provided in Audio Info.

By the way, all my covers are cover.jpg files in the album folder. Image is not embedded in flac files.

Hi @BryceJ, @jamont, @AdZero,

Zip up a dir containing a few song files, cover image, etc that will enable me to try and repro the issue. Email download link to tim at moodeaudio dot org.

-Tim

hello
just installed 3.8 version
I tried to do SSH pi@moode.local in terminal and i have this screen

@ WARNING: POSSIBLE DNS SPOOFING DETECTED! @
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
The ECDSA host key for moode.local has changed,
and the key for the corresponding IP address 2a01:cb00:14a:6400:29a4:7d11:c157:cf74
is unknown. This could either mean that
DNS SPOOFING is happening or the IP address for the host
and its host key have changed at the same time.
@ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! @
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
It is also possible that a host key has just been changed.
The fingerprint for the ECDSA key sent by the remote host is..........

if I try SSH pi@192.168.X.XX i can put raspberry as password but acces denied

if someone has a solution
merci

hello
just installed 3.8 version
I tried to do SSH pi@moode.local in terminal and i have this screen

@ WARNING: POSSIBLE DNS SPOOFING DETECTED! @
The ECDSA host key for moode.local has changed,
and the key for the corresponding IP address 2a01:cb00:14a:6400:29a4:7d11:c157:cf74
is unknown. This could either mean that
DNS SPOOFING is happening or the IP address for the host
and its host key have changed at the same time.
@ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! @
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
It is also possible that a host key has just been changed.
The fingerprint for the ECDSA key sent by the remote host is..........

if I try SSH pi@192.168.X.XX i can put raspberry as password but acces denied

if someone has a solution
merci

Hi. I used to have this problem on my MAC and i found the solution on this forum. Go to finder, go, go to folder, enter "c/Users/yourusername/.ssh" and delete the file "known_hosts".

Remy

Not able to add USB drive

Please excuse the basic nature of my questions. I recently consolidated all the household music on one 5 Terabyte drive (with another as backup). We have Macs, but I formatted the music drive as exfat, thinking that was better for the Pi.
When I tried to add the music, Moode would seem to e doing so, and then choke. When 3.8 came out, I hoped it would solve my problem, but it does not. In addition, the file system always reads as unexpanded - I've tried all this several times. There is free space, so I've partitioned the backup, and have started the tedious process of copying files, with the aim of getting to 2 2.5GB partitions (in a couple days), hoping smaller partitions will solve the problem. Any help would be appreciated!

Hello

Al my musicfiles are .flac with no embedded pictures on my NAS, but in every album directory there is a file named cover.jpg.

In 3.7 (and earlier) cover.jpg was diplayed perfectly for each song in this directory. In 3.8 no more.

Is there a solution?

Hi,

Zip up a folder containing a few song files and cover.jog and email a download link to tim at moodeaudio dot org. I'll try to repro the issue.

-Tim

You are correct regarding bass but in can live with that.
Yes, every difference is subtle but those subtleties make for great sound (cues for positioning and soundstage, tonal balance, etc). Of course I might seem to nit-picking but as a music lover hardliner and fundamentalist audiophile, those subtle details seem like night and day to me.

Anyway, got used to using moode 3.7 so will stick to that for a while before going the Aurender route.
What are you using RR or TS with LL-Kernel? Let me try listen on mine.

Please excuse the basic nature of my questions. I recently consolidated all the household music on one 5 Terabyte drive (with another as backup). We have Macs, but I formatted the music drive as exfat, thinking that was better for the Pi.
When I tried to add the music, Moode would seem to e doing so, and then choke. When 3.8 came out, I hoped it would solve my problem, but it does not. In addition, the file system always reads as unexpanded - I've tried all this several times. There is free space, so I've partitioned the backup, and have started the tedious process of copying files, with the aim of getting to 2 2.5GB partitions (in a couple days), hoping smaller partitions will solve the problem. Any help would be appreciated!

Hi,

The "unexpanded..." message is a display bug and does not reflect actual file system expansion. I'll be posting a list of the 3.8 release bugs that have been discovered so far.

What does "choke" mean?

The best way to monitor MPD database update is to look at the log as its updating.

tail -f /var/log/mpd/mpd.log

or alternatively display the entire log:

cat /var/log/mpd/mpd.log

-Tim

As far I know, moOde can read HFS+ format.
MoOde works perfectly with my 1TB.
I have not tested more.

sound differences 3.7 vs 3.8

eventually, I prefer 3.7 restitution...

On my system, 3.8 sound a little "thin", and with less "legato", and less "colors".
The sound is more relaxed with 3.7

For the rest, I do not find much differences. 3.7 and 3.8 run well.

For Tim :

I said before that there was some playlist problem sometimes.
It seems that I had this problem only when I tried to manage some UPnP streaming with Linn Kazoo or Kinsky (some residual information, I guess).

Now, I prefer to stream via Squeezelite renderer active, with Logitech Media Server. Much more stable, and I have access to a nice Qobuz plugin .

Hi @BryceJ, @jamont, @AdZero,

Zip up a dir containing a few song files, cover image, etc that will enable me to try and repro the issue. Email download link to tim at moodeaudio dot org.

-Tim

Hello

Al my musicfiles are .flac with no embedded pictures on my NAS, but in every album directory there is a file named cover.jpg.

In 3.7 (and earlier) cover.jpg was diplayed perfectly for each song in this directory. In 3.8 no more.

Is there a solution?

Hi,

I was able to use @kaktus99's files to discover a regression bug involving a missing symlink.

The symlink below was not present in /var/www
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 18 Aug 4 14:15 mpdmusic -> /var/lib/mpd/music

-Tim

Last edited:
Hi,

I was able to use @kaktus99's files to discover a regression bug involving a missing symlink.

The symlink below was not present in /var/www
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 18 Aug 4 14:15 mpdmusic -> /var/lib/mpd/music

-Tim

pi@moode:~ $ sudo ln -s /var/lib/mpd/music /var/www/mpdmusic
ln: failed to create symbolic link ‘/var/www/mpdmusic’: Read-only file system