Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Promoting Moode on UK forum Pink Fish Media I am getting asked if Moode can process Tidal see Moode player 3.5 - pink fish media
Is it possible either now or as a development? Thanks

It's possible to stream Tidal, Qobuz and Google Play to Moode from an Android phone or tablet running Bubble UpNp. I would imagine it's also possible via Airplay with Apple devices.

Bought 3.5 as soon as it came out (tho not had time to try it out yet)
and I hardly need to say that Moode is fantastic and Tim is worth his weight in gold :)
However I do find myself a bit conflicted about Tims decision to go for paid releases, I think it will definitely damage the project and its community in the long run.
My reasoning is as follows ... in selling the software you turn it from a project to a product and if people have paid for a product then they have reasonable expectations that it is going to work in whatever setup they have
Tim will eventually lose the collaborative spirit that is so evident on this forum - all support will have to be down to Tim
Also Tim has mentioned that there maybe paid for releases every 6 months or so - this is starting to feel like a subscription and users will become less and less inclined to be on the latest version - especially if what they have is working
It is bound to drive users to Runeaudio/Volumio etc which in the long run will be bad for Moode
What is so great about Moode is Tim himself - the level of involvement and support is way above the competition - this must involve a lot of work and i wonder whether this is what the users should be paying for (a membership scheme maybe) which could allow Moode to remain free
Anyway just my thoughts, there is no easy answer to this

Lx

Does "Newton" ring a bell? To every action there is always opposed an equal reaction: or the mutual actions of two bodies upon each other are always equal, and directed to contrary parts (law III).

Another question: Would Tim stop developing Moode if nobody pays? If he would depart the project all the previous work would have been useless, so he will not drop Moode. I think Moode is a good reason for a donation, but the users should decide to spend money. There are people around who accept being a milk cow, but some prefer to keep the control.
I am not sure what Newton's law has to do with it.
To me this all about added value. If you consider the effort of writing a piece of software like Moode Player and the support that Tim delivers (lots of examples in this thread) 10 bucks is very modest imho.
We all pay a significant amount for every new Winblows release and i personally find the money far better spent for Moode, which gives me pleasure every day.

Does "Newton" ring a bell? To every action there is always opposed an equal reaction: or the mutual actions of two bodies upon each other are always equal, and directed to contrary parts (law III).

Another question: Would Tim stop developing Moode if nobody pays? If he would depart the project all the previous work would have been useless, so he will not drop Moode. I think Moode is a good reason for a donation, but the users should decide to spend money. There are people around who accept being a milk cow, but some prefer to keep the control.
I apologize for adding to this, but I just have to say... You're an idiot, please go away.

Sent from my x600 using Tapatalk

Isolate speakers with GPIO pin and relay

Hello all,

I am a happily using Moode with an old RPI B, TPA6116 class D amplifier and 6N3 preamp.
Thank you very much, the perfect player for me!
When I power on the system (everything goes ON at the same time) I hear a thump in my speakers. Also when turning off but less loud.
I would like to add a 5V relay controlled by one of the GPIO pins of the raspberry pi to isolate the speakers from the system at startup.
Can somebody tell me how to program Moode so that one pin goes high a couple of seconds after boot up?

I really like Moode and the sound of my system. Works very well!!!
I had a little problem in the beginning and maybe it is good to tell others:
I first tried to use an old power supply from an external Hard Drive (12V + 5V) but I did hear a lot of noise from the RPI in my speakers.
Afterwards, I did try a 19V laptop power supply with a DC/DC converter added (to power de RPI with 5 volts). I still had the same noise in my speakers.
So now I use a separate 19V PS for the amplifier and a separate 5V PS for the RPI. That way, I do not have any unwanted noise in my speakers. Very very silent when ON but without music playing.
Oh, and I did also try it without the 6N3 valve preamp and I must say that I did not hear a great difference. So with or without the preamp, the TPA3116 amplifier sounds great (for me). But since I had the preamp lying around, I added it , nice eye candy :)
So if you know how to configure a GPIO pin in Moode, please let me know as I know close to nothing about programming the RPI.
Thanks
Ron

Hello all,

I am a happily using Moode with an old RPI B, TPA6116 class D amplifier and 6N3 preamp.
Thank you very much, the perfect player for me!
When I power on the system (everything goes ON at the same time) I hear a thump in my speakers. Also when turning off but less loud.
I would like to add a 5V relay controlled by one of the GPIO pins of the raspberry pi to isolate the speakers from the system at startup.
Can somebody tell me how to program Moode so that one pin goes high a couple of seconds after boot up?

Well, with RPI you will always get a static if you are taking audio out from that 3.5 mm jack.

You need a DAC such as the one from HiFiberry or Allo or IQAudio.
Then you do not need any separate power supplies, and the speakers are saved from the loud thump. A much cheaper and safer option?

order sections for small screens

Hi Tim,
Thanks a lot, all fine for me. Fantastic work !
(except save playlist , but you already noticed).

As I prefer to display coverart above control and then playlist in colomn display for small media, I added this lines in /var/www/css/moode.css in section @media (max-width: 768px):
#playback-panel .row-fluid{
display: flex;
flex-direction:column-reverse;
}
Perhaps a new configuration choice to implement?
Regards,

Pascal

Last edited:
Hi Tim,
Thanks a lot, all fine for me. Fantastic work !
(except save playlist , but you already noticed).

As I prefer to display coverart above control and then playlist in colomn display for small media, I added this lines in /var/www/css/moode.css in section @media (max-width: 768px):
#playback-panel .row-fluid{
display: flex;
flex-direction:column-reverse;
}
Perhaps a new configuration choice to implement?
Regards,

Pascal

Hi Pascal,

Thats cool. I'll check it out later today.

-Tim

Hi Pascal,
Thank you for your quick reply but I am using a Hifi Berry DAC and still had the noise when using a combined 12V/5V PS.
But the noise in the speakers is gone now with separate PS, perfect music quality now, so that problem is solved for me.
What I need now is a means to isolate the speakers for a couple of seconds when powering the system on.
Regards
Ronald

Sorry, I meant Vakharia off course, not Pascal....
Anyway, I think the thump comes from the power amplifier, not from the RPI with or without DAC.
Ron

Power amplifier: switch on last, switch of first.

So to avoid any noise you will need a couple of lines of code, maybe?

atb

Ronnie, who thinks there should be a little more Rons (see what I did there?) :)