Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

I'm having issues with the volume setting making the player unserviceable . I can set the volume by the dial but the dial follows the cursor . When I set via the volume tab on playback , the dial sits at 0 and cannot be changed .

I'm using PiDac+ with IQAudio's download of Moode and attempting to use hardware volume control

316a

Hi,

I'm not sure what the IQaudIO download of Moode is...

Try Moode 2.5 test release 1 (TR1) download listed under TEST CODE button at moodeaudio.org

Regards,
Tim

Hi Tim,

The log I quoted are from /var/log/php5-fpm.log.

As I'm in the process of building moode library, I often access to moode
from Windows PC(to add shares to moode) and from Android phone and/or Android tablet(browsing and playing tracks) simultaneously.

Regards,
Tatsuto

Hi Tatsuto,

Here is s mod that u can try:

nano /etc/php5/fpm/pool.d/display.conf
pm.max_children = 20
pm.start_servers = 6
pm.max_spare_servers = 6

> /var/log/php5-fpm.log
service php5-fpm restart
cat /var/log/php5-fpm.log (should be clean start)

Test and monitor:

pgrep -c -f "php-fpm: pool display" (count #child processes)

if >= 20 then
service php5-fpm restart

Regards,
Tim

Hi,

The OS is based on Raspbian and uses Jessie 4.1.15 kernel and other parts of Jessie but also contains parts of earlier Raspbian. It runs on Pi-1B, B+ and 2B+ and takes full advantage of multi-core proc.

Moode app software and Moode OS are designed as an embedded system consisting of application, servers, sql engine, added components, configs, settings and tunings that are intimately intertwined. This effectivly means that Moode software will only run on Moode OS. It is possible to take stock Raspbian and transform it into Moode OS but I don't maintain a recipe for doing this.

The OS can certainly be modified and many users have added packages and configs but there is always risk of breakage and malfunction.

Regarding the Pi Touchscreen, its a 16:10 aspect ratio panel and Moode UI is designed around the 4:3 a/r of iPad and similar thus on 16:10 displays the lower part of the UI is cut off. I believe this can be addressed by using @media section in CSS. Eventually I'll get to investigating it :)
I had a feeling that might be the case, glad to hear it's not just WebUI you're working on to make our music sound fantastic!

I'll go back to the drawing board on how best to display the GUI on the touchscreen - it might be a simple css edit, until I figure out a reliable, simple and overall low impact way to display a kiosk browser on the screen I can't really test yet. If it's a simple case of a CSS edit for widescreen - would it be possible for this to be added as a slider switch option the way colour is now?

Due to the way you've built the OS, do you suggest not running "apt-get upgrade" or similar commands and just using the default releases?

I had a feeling that might be the case, glad to hear it's not just WebUI you're working on to make our music sound fantastic!

I'll go back to the drawing board on how best to display the GUI on the touchscreen - it might be a simple css edit, until I figure out a reliable, simple and overall low impact way to display a kiosk browser on the screen I can't really test yet. If it's a simple case of a CSS edit for widescreen - would it be possible for this to be added as a slider switch option the way colour is now?

Due to the way you've built the OS, do you suggest not running "apt-get upgrade" or similar commands and just using the default releases?

Hi,

I'm sure that apt-get upgrade would cause massive breakage.

U might want to search the thread a bit because there are several people that have already been successful at running Moode on the 7" touch. I recall that there is even a youtube video.

Regards,
Tim

Hi Tim,

I'm just going to echo what mdickey posted on Volumio forum (see quote below). In short - it would be great if Moode can act as Roon end-point. I think this will be the avenue for us to pipe in HQ audio from TIDAL, or (not so HQ) Spotify to Raspberry pi. I envision that there'd be a checkbox for "Roon Endpoint" similar to "Airplay" in Moode configuration. Do you think this is possible at all?

My point of view: RON seems a very nice system and I hope they'll find success,.... but:
-It is a private profit based company
-Their new protocol is proprietary
-the price to use RON is (at my opinion) very expensive, specially for a (advanced) music library system that does not even includes any music rights. Making it (at my opinion) a solution targeted for a very narrow customer target: Not for the DIY addicts (who might use solutions like Foobar2000 or MPD/Raspberry/Moode/...); Not for the 'let's listen it the easy way and with a nice all built in software' (who will prefer Spotify, Apple Music, Google play, chrome cast and dozens of others apps); Not for the high End and expensive audiophile music fans, who will probably acquire dedicated hardware and software solutions (from SONOS, Cambridge audio, Pioneer or HIFI Brands brands..)

So what does an Open source project, made mostly by and for audiophile tech/DIY/Geek/non-profit driven fans have do do with that ? don't you think RON can pay for raspberry suport if they think their is a market for them on it ?

I agree. But the idea of such a service that could be pressed by a slider is interesting. Running the risk of going into an area to which I know far too little, would Ickstream be an option? That would be one button opening to the whole range services. As it is now it is only made available for Squeezebox, but if I understand the discussion that their API could be developed, but here my insight in such development is far too limited

Hi,

I think so but if Playlist contains radio stations they would have to be skipped in the calculation since they have no "play time".

What is the usage scenario for this?

Regards,
Tim

Yeah, I guessed that radio stations wouldn't work for this.

Usage scenario? Ummm... it just crossed my mind when I added a couple of albums to my playlist to whether there was enough music there to keep me going until bedtime. :D

Hi Tim (and anyone else that might be able to point me in the right direction....)
Moode is becoming addictive! I'm running 2.5 TR1, and like it so much I have sourced a couple more Pi2s for other rooms. My question is, since I already have a few spare WiFi dongles (with Linux drivers etc) - but that dont work out of the box on the Pi, does anyone have a foolproof way of adding the drivers/config etc for these to Moode that won't break the Moode OS? Thanks Adrian

Hi,

This is my first post here. I've tried searching this forum, but I've not yet found a similar post.

I've got a Pi 2 with an I2S Durio Sound card.
I also have a Geek Pulse Infinity connected to USB

I've successfully mapped an iTunes and a Hirez directory from my NAS. Mood shows that it has connected to both.

When I browse, I see both "NAS" and "Radio"
When I go into "NAS", I only see "iTunes"

The "Hirez" is associated with a remote directory on the NAS that is "media/Music On Nas/FLAC", which includes spaces. I removed the spaces and let the library rebuild and now I can see my hirez tracks

Can you expect to see a USB DAC if there is also an I2S sound card?

I've got a DurioSound card mounted on top of a Pi 2.
Audio out from it is just fine.

I also have a LHLabs Geek Pulse Infinity connected to the USB. I disabled the Durio and rebooted the Pi. Moode does not list it in settings, but I don't see an option to select a USB connected device. I assume that Moode would just use it.

But I get now audio out. Do I need to use a Pi without a card?

Hi Tim, any chance to have mpd compiled with the cdio_paranoia input plugin in the next moode release? I would really like to switch to moode, but I need CD support.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

PS. FYI I tried moode with the diyinhk es9023 DAC

24Bit/192KHz ES9023 DAC, I2S input, Ultra Low Noise Regulator - DIYINHK

with onboard clock and it worked like a charm with the i2s generic driver.

Hi Tim!
Thank's for your hard work! I like the look.
AHsJFJhC1JVdTiwNFHjIzQRYghQooATggIBTTTRlyNVL0Z4COQLoGuCnQgAduFxBEWgoDaMibGzFWSPmU4csj+wM1PKj1okIIUjp6WEESB+BGGKhQHUrj5U6CaosGTVmjgxZfDhtogIpxgAJAgBgmZTpC5kNAxkcmaIq1B1PgSotWCgQzyIagHx4afCnFZqFdF5IKWCKgGENQxAxKdGi1yBCpWrMCCDCAC0TAdrsuGRDyAcYFIJ0QSDAAIIEiQBEYpWEh5JXTySZAQBmxYADD8KQaOQCTi8cXFZ5cGRBDYRUZd6AuiFnIIhOW1QQucCBFxJMLM7QFTgiioNZheYuAgwIADs=

I'm totally beginner with audio on PI.
So i just in learning phase.

I was playing around with brutefir and moode.
I have only use a ,standard setup with brutedfir.

This is the way i got it to worked with my HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 Async DAC ES9023 96khz/24bit dac.

created home folder for PI user.
Login as Pi user.
sudo apt-get install brutefir
sudo apt-get install libfftw3-dev

This is my conf files.
No filter included yet.
You can test if it's work goto #delay: 7 and unmark it,
It not sounds good but you know it's working:)

(Thank's to the guys from Volumio)

mpd.conf
Code:
audio_output {
 type      "pipe"
 name      "brutefir pipe"
 command      "/usr/bin/brutefir -nodefault /home/pi/.brutefirdirac_config 2>/dev/null"
#command "aplay -f cd 2>/dev/null"
  format      "96000:32:2"
}
/home/pi/.brutefirdirac_config

Code:
    float_bits: 64;             # internal floating point precision
    sampling_rate:96000;       # sampling rate in Hz of audio interfaces
    filter_length: 8192,8;       # length of filters
    overflow_warnings: true;    # echo warnings to stderr if overflow occurs
    show_progress: false;        # echo filtering progress to stderr
    max_dither_table_size: 0;   # maximum size in bytes of precalculated dither
    allow_poll_mode: false;     # allow use of input poll mode
    modules_path: ".";          # extra path where to find BruteFIR modules
    monitor_rate: false;        # monitor sample rate
    powersave: true;           # pause filtering when input is zero
    lock_memory: true;          # try to lock memory if realtime prio is set   
    convolver_config: "~/.brutefir_convolver"; # location of convolver config file
    logic: "cli" { port: 3000; };

## COEFFS ##

coeff "left" {
             #filename: "/home/volumio/filter/filterl1.pcm"; #filterl
             filename: "dirac pulse";
            format: "FLOAT_LE";     
            attenuation: 0.0; 
    };

coeff "right" {
            # filename:"/home/volumio/filter/filterr1.pcm"; #filterr
             filename: "dirac pulse";
            format: "FLOAT_LE";