Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th June 2017, 09:14 PM   #8191
TimCurtis is offline TimCurtis  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trung224 View Post
Thanks Tim. But zero-padding on output stream can result in truncating/dithering/rounding on DAC/SPDIF receiver. These kinds of thing are all SRC, and all SRCs leave some artifacts on stream signal. So it is probably better to leave the original bit depth of bit stream untouched.

Could you find a way to preserve the original bit depth?
Hi,

AFAIK zero-padding or bit-padding preserves the original quantized value. The DAC would receive the same quantized value for 16 bit and for 16 bit padded to 32 bit. Padding is not the same as Sample Rate Conversion.

You might want to ask your question about bit depth on the Squeezelite forum and see if the dev can provide some insight.
Announce: Squeezelite - a small headless squeezeplay emulator for linux (alsa only))

-Tim
Old 17th June 2017, 05:09 AM   #8192
dkdkdk is offline dkdkdk
diyAudio Member

Hi Tim, any comment on this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinski View Post
Upsampling question :

I can set the upsampling rate like 24/352,8 or 24/384, but i would like to upsample 44/88/176 files to 352,8 and 48/96/192 to 384. Any hint howto do it ?
Old 17th June 2017, 12:12 PM   #8193
diyAudio Member

Hi @dkdkdk,

I don't think conditional resampling can be done with MPD because it doesn't provide a way to run code between tracks as its processing its play queue.

Begin able to run code before the next track in the queue plays would allow the sample rate of the file to be checked and then SoX resampling set accordingly.

The other issue is that MPD has to be restarted whenever the resampling rate changes.

-Tim
Old 17th June 2017, 03:34 PM   #8194
remy1961 is offline remy1961  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyTea View Post
Separately, I have had good success adding ir remote using the dac's built-in receiver, lirc and irexec. I have mapped my most commonly used controls, can jump to set volumes and if I press number 6, BBC 6 Music leaps onto the top of my playlist and starts playing.
Hi FizzyTea
I also have that pifi dac+ from china and would be interested to know how you managed to activate and use that IR receiver. I would like to add a hardware or remote controlled play/pause button so that i can pause immediately when i am interrupted during my music listening sessions. I have missed some phone calls trying to reach for my phone, unlock it and pause the music.
Old 17th June 2017, 03:50 PM   #8195
FizzyTea is offline FizzyTea
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by remy1961 View Post
Hi FizzyTea
I also have that pifi dac+ from china and would be interested to know how you managed to activate and use that IR receiver. I would like to add a hardware or remote controlled play/pause button so that i can pause immediately when i am interrupted during my music listening sessions. I have missed some phone calls trying to reach for my phone, unlock it and pause the music.
Hi, I will post a brief guide to what I did when I return after the weekend.
Old 18th June 2017, 01:30 PM   #8196
Soldeed is offline Soldeed
diyAudio Member

I loaded 3.7 instead of using the check for update. Now the library only shows half the songs.

Any ideas?
Old 18th June 2017, 02:02 PM   #8197
diyAudio Member

Hi @Soldeed,

Does your entire collection appear in the Browse panel?

Due to the caching mechanism, if the Library tab is pressed before DB update completes the Library panel will be incomplete. Either rerun DB update and wait for it to complete or enter the cmd below in an ssh session.

sudo truncate /var/local/www/libcache.json --size 0

Note that moOde 3.8 includes a "Reset Lib Cache" button on the Sources screen.

If you suspect that your issue is not "incomplete Library cache" then examine MPD log to see whats going on.

cat /var/log/mpd/mpd.log

-Tim
Old 18th June 2017, 02:42 PM   #8198
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
Hi @Soldeed,

Does your entire collection appear in the Browse panel?

Due to the caching mechanism, if the Library tab is pressed before DB update completes the Library panel will be incomplete. Either rerun DB update and wait for it to complete or enter the cmd below in an ssh session.

sudo truncate /var/local/www/libcache.json --size 0

Note that moOde 3.8 includes a "Reset Lib Cache" button on the Sources screen.

If you suspect that your issue is not "incomplete Library cache" then examine MPD log to see whats going on.

cat /var/log/mpd/mpd.log

-Tim
I ran both of the above and the log shows that it is only recognizing the flac files in the directory and not the mp3's.

The music directory has not been touched.
Old 18th June 2017, 05:36 PM   #8199
diyAudio Member

Hi @soldeed,

Ran a quick test with a couple of .mp3 files on a USB stick and no issues.

IME when files are not picked up by MPD db update its usually due to file/folder corruption, bad permissions, something in the file system or network share, etc.

-Tim
Old 18th June 2017, 06:28 PM   #8200
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
Hi @soldeed,

Ran a quick test with a couple of .mp3 files on a USB stick and no issues.

IME when files are not picked up by MPD db update its usually due to file/folder corruption, bad permissions, something in the file system or network share, etc.

-Tim
Thanks Tim I am going to start from scratch reformat microSD and music source HD.

Last edited by Soldeed; 18th June 2017 at 06:31 PM.

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry PiHide this!Advertise here!