Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th June 2017, 11:20 AM   #8161
TimCurtis is offline TimCurtis  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by osarudon View Post
Hi tim,

I am very happy using MoOde audio in my room. I have been using version 3.1, but changed to 3.7 today.

While building the music database, suddenly the MoOde loses any controls even ssh to login.

I guess this problem has been caused by the music data contains different character set such as Japanese.

Do you have any idea to make this better?
Hi,

Just ran a test with the song file below and no issues.

ベストオブクラシック・セレクション -群馬県明和町 公開収録

-Tim
Old 11th June 2017, 02:17 PM   #8162
supertrioe is offline supertrioe  Italy
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
Hi John,

Symptom suggests a bad or corrupt config / image. If you did in-place update(s) then try a fresh 3.7 image.

-Tim
Hi Tim
I downloaded a fresh image 3.7 but the result is the one described above with File 24/192 KHz.
I attach "S Y S T M P A R A M E T E R S" with the Standard kernel and Kernel LL.
Thanks for your attention.
Jon
Attached Files
File Type: txt Kernel LL.txt (5.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: txt Standard Kernel.txt (5.3 KB, 8 views)
Old 11th June 2017, 04:07 PM   #8163
diyAudio Member

Hi @supertrioe,

The System info reports look ok.

Same OS, Kernel(s) and MPD version used in 3.5 - 3.7 so I'm not sure how same 24/192 file can work on 3.5 and not on 3.6/7. I ran quick test on 3.7 release using same song in 16/44 and 24/192 FLAC and no issues but the DAC is Mambo LS so different i2s driver than what is used for DDDAC1794.

When configuring DDDAC1794 NOS on LL or RT kernel the file /boot/config.txt should contain:

- dtoverlay=simple-es9023-audio,384k

There is also a driver option "simple-bclk-64fs" that can be enabled. If its enabled then config.txt contains:

- dtoverlay=simple-bclk-64fs

When configuring DDAC1794 on Standard kernel the rpi-dac driver is used. This driver is also available in LL/RT kernels via the two selections below:

- Generic-2 (rpi-dac)
- RPI-DAC

Another test would be to set SoX resampling to 24/192 and play a 16/44 song file. See if you get different result compared to playing native 24.192 file.

-Tim
Old 13th June 2017, 04:12 PM   #8164
supertrioe is offline supertrioe  Italy
diyAudio Member

Default Now it has the sound I expected, great quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
Hi @supertrioe,

The System info reports look ok.

Same OS, Kernel(s) and MPD version used in 3.5 - 3.7 so I'm not sure how same 24/192 file can work on 3.5 and not on 3.6/7. I ran quick test on 3.7 release using same song in 16/44 and 24/192 FLAC and no issues but the DAC is Mambo LS so different i2s driver than what is used for DDDAC1794.

When configuring DDDAC1794 NOS on LL or RT kernel the file /boot/config.txt should contain:

There is also a driver option "simple-bclk-64fs" that can be enabled. If its enabled then config.txt contains:

- dtoverlay=simple-bclk-64fs

When configuring DDAC1794 on Standard kernel the rpi-dac driver is used. This driver is also available in LL/RT kernels via the two selections below:

- Generic-2 (rpi-dac)
- RPI-DAC

Another test would be to set SoX resampling to 24/192 and play a 16/44 song file. See if you get different result compared to playing native 24.192 file.

-Tim
Hi Tim
After your advice, I set up DSP Operations
Resampling: 16 bits, 352.8 kHz, Stereo (SoX very high quality)
It also works well 16 bits, 192 kHz, but it does not work 24 bits either 192 or 352.8 kHz.
Now it has the sound I expected, great quality.
Thanks for your patience.
John
Attached Files
File Type: txt Setting -After Tim Curtis's advice.txt (6.1 KB, 35 views)
Old 14th June 2017, 04:06 AM   #8165
osarudon is offline osarudon
diyAudio Member

Hi tim,

Thank you for your advice.
After all this problem has been fixed to do compact Sqlite databese via system menu.
Because I made MoOde to build the huge database of my music data of 10TB nas.

Everything is ok today. Thanks.
Old 14th June 2017, 05:08 AM   #8166
RafaPolit is offline RafaPolit  Ecuador
diyAudio Member

Ok, so now that everything is running as expected, I wanted to throw in another question: DSD.

I'm a using a NuPrime DAC-10 connected via USB to the RPi with Moode 3.7.

What is the right approach to output DSD straight out to the DAC without the PCM conversion? Is this something more or less straightforward or do I need to compile MPD against a different ALSA and all those instructions I have read around?

Thanks,
Rafa.
Old 15th June 2017, 12:28 AM   #8167
diyAudio Member

Hi Rafa,

If DAC supports DoP protocol then turn this on in MPD config.

-Tim
Old 15th June 2017, 06:03 AM   #8168
remy1961 is offline remy1961  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hi,
I am new to the forum since i purchased my moode audio only 2 days ago. I have been using volumio for several weeks. Now that i am discovering moode audio, i realize it will be impossible for me to go back to volumio or rune audio. I have a problem trying to run the pi supply switch script on moode audio. After installing the pi supply script, the switch works fine, except that once i restart moode audio, it can no longer connect to the internet (cable or wifi), it becomes inaccessible, forcing me to reinstall. Any one have succesfully installed that script on moode audio?
The script works very well on rasbian OS. Pi Supply switch website and the script i used.
Old 15th June 2017, 12:07 PM   #8169
trung224 is offline trung224
diyAudio Member

Hi Tim,
I have a question about Squeezelite renderer on Moode. I am using Logitech Media Server streaming flac (native, no transcoding) to Moode 3.7. Problem is, Squeezelite renderer cannot output stream at native rate. For example, if I don't choose anything about bit depth in Configure squeelite>ALSA params, the output stream is always in 32 bit.
If I choose 24bit, the output stream is 24bit regardless my input stream (16bit FLAC or 24bit FLAC) is.

So I want to ask if you could add imprementation about native output stream on squeezelite renderer.

Best regards,
trung224
Old 15th June 2017, 02:05 PM   #8170
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by remy1961 View Post
Hi,
I am new to the forum since i purchased my moode audio only 2 days ago. I have been using volumio for several weeks. Now that i am discovering moode audio, i realize it will be impossible for me to go back to volumio or rune audio. I have a problem trying to run the pi supply switch script on moode audio. After installing the pi supply script, the switch works fine, except that once i restart moode audio, it can no longer connect to the internet (cable or wifi), it becomes inaccessible, forcing me to reinstall. Any one have succesfully installed that script on moode audio?
The script works very well on rasbian OS. Pi Supply switch website and the script i used.
Hi,

Does your system behave normally without the power switch device connected?

By "inaccessible" do you mean that its not possible to get an ssh session?

-Tim

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry PiHide this!Advertise here!