Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st May 2017, 01:49 PM   #8071
TimCurtis is offline TimCurtis  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPresbyope View Post
I kept archival copies of the files I downloaded via moodeaudio.org. Unzipping r35, r36, r37 and loopback-mounting their second partitions, I get the following

$ df -h /mnt/disk1 <--- root partition of r35
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/loop1 1.8G 1.3G 413M 77% /mnt/disk1

$ df -h /mnt/disk2 <--- root partition of r36
/dev/loop0 1.8G 1.5G 192M 89% /mnt/disk2

$ df -h /mnt/disk3 <--- root partition of r37
/dev/loop3 1.8G 1.3G 414M 77% /mnt/disk3

Not sure where 200+MB disappeared in r36, but that explains to my satisfaction why I couldn't update fresh r36 installations. If I didn't first expand the root partition there's room to download update-r36.zip but not enough to unzip it.

Regards,
Kent
Hi Kent,

Is your r36 zip original? It would have the following MD5 hash:
d7e2591ec29ec2e351e8a45d46e1aa8a

I just did a quick boot of an r36 image and df = 77%

-Tim
Attached Images
File Type: png moode-r36-df.png (111.0 KB, 333 views)
Old 31st May 2017, 04:01 PM   #8072
williemctell is offline williemctell
diyAudio Member

Tried clearing the browser cache, expanded the SD card use and did a couple of reboots. I also tried Edge , which I never use. I'm getting the up to date message in Chrome and Opera as well as Edge.

RasPi 3. I generally access it from my tablet but access from the desktop machine works fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
Hi,

Fresh image starts at 77% full for root partition. Log files can can eat up space but takes a really long time. Periodically run Clear system logs in System config.

Could be stale Browser cache that causing Software update to report "up to date". The update will fail at 97% full root partition.

-Tim
Old 31st May 2017, 05:18 PM   #8073
TimCurtis is offline TimCurtis  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi @williamctell,

I just tested with the fresh 3.6 image referenced in my earlier reply to @TheOldPresbyope and no issues. An available update is displayed with Package date 2017-05-25.

-Tim
Old 31st May 2017, 05:32 PM   #8074
sinski is offline sinski
diyAudio Member

Upsampling question :

I can set the upsampling rate like 24/352,8 or 24/384, but i would like to upsample 44/88/176 files to 352,8 and 48/96/192 to 384. Any hint howto do it ?
Old 31st May 2017, 06:31 PM   #8075
williemctell is offline williemctell
diyAudio Member

Interesting. IIRC I upgraded OTA from v 3.4 but regardless of the previous version it was an OTA upgrade. The v 3.6 date in the system info panel is 4/23/17. Is there a way I can check for an incorrectly set flag or flags through an ssh login?

I'm sure a fresh install of v 3.7 would work but I'm hoping to avoid building the NAS database which takes several hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
Hi @williamctell,

I just tested with the fresh 3.6 image referenced in my earlier reply to @TheOldPresbyope and no issues. An available update is displayed with Package date 2017-05-25.

-Tim
Old 1st June 2017, 04:05 AM   #8076
RafaPolit is offline RafaPolit  Ecuador
diyAudio Member

Hello Tim!

As reported some posts back, I am also having issue with the update from 3.6 to 3.7.

I went into config -> system, checked for update, the 3.7 showed nicely, hit update, it started spiraling like it was working. After some minutes I came back to check, all seemed well. But if I go to system info, it lists version 3.6, not 3.7. But if I go into config -> system and check for update, it reads: system up to date.

Could it be that the update just failed to update the system info or is it really not installing properly?

Thanks,
Rafa.
Old 1st June 2017, 04:32 AM   #8077
swizzle is offline swizzle  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RafaPolit View Post
I went into config -> system, checked for update, the 3.7 showed nicely, hit update, it started spiraling like it was working. After some minutes I came back to check, all seemed well. But if I go to system info, it lists version 3.6, not 3.7. But if I go into config -> system and check for update, it reads: system up to date.
You need to reboot after the update is applied, there's a message to that effect but maybe it timed out.
Old 1st June 2017, 09:44 AM   #8078
ferdz is offline ferdz  United States
diyAudio Member

Just a friendly FYI to all Librespot users:

Get the latest librespot build

- this fixes the recent issue of being not able connect, aka "librespot panics with subscription terminated." This saves you tinkering whether there's conflict with Moode settings/upgrade/MPD config/etc. Not at all - it's a confirmed bug. Plietar posted his fix.

Last edited by ferdz; 1st June 2017 at 09:46 AM.
Old 1st June 2017, 12:38 PM   #8079
flappy99 is offline flappy99
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RafaPolit View Post
Hello Tim!

As reported some posts back, I am also having issue with the update from 3.6 to 3.7.

Could it be that the update just failed to update the system info or is it really not installing properly?

Thanks,
Rafa.
I also had the same problem as reported. The squash file was smaller than it should have been and the system still reported as 3.6. So I used curl to download the update zip file.

It turned out I didn't have enough space on /var/local to accommodate my modified squash file system and the update download (I had also left a copy of the original squash file there) and the new squash copy to /var/local/moode.sqsh). So I unzipped the update to my music drive and stepped through the install.sh commands and all seemed to work ok. My system now reads as 3.7.

Great music player by the way, I have three in different setups and they are reliable. Any problems I have are usually down to me!

Cheers,
John
Old 1st June 2017, 06:19 PM   #8080
TomWoB is offline TomWoB  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Default Boss DAC - why bypass internal oversampling filter ?

Hi all,

something is still not clear for me: why should it be an advantage to bypass the internal oversampling filter on a Boss DAC (SoX 32bit 384 kHz)? Is it a good idea to bypass internal FIR-filter? Do you think the PCM5122 chip designer don't know what they are doing?

Btw: the very expensive Chord DACs are well-known for their extreme complex FIR-filters. That's why people spend 2000+ for such DACs ...

Another point: is it a good idea to let the MPD do the upsampling stuff to 384 kHz. Maybe an easy job for 96 kHz files (*4), but not so easy for 88.2 kHz files (*4.354...) ?

Another question: SoX quality. Is there any use case not to use "Very high quality"? I see no difference in CPU load or something else ... so what?

Regards Tom

Last edited by TomWoB; 1st June 2017 at 06:39 PM.

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry PiHide this!Advertise here!